Budget kitchen renovation?

The last time I did a full kitchen renovation was over 20 years ago. I want to get an idea of the current costs for renovating a galley kitchen. I know this is vague, but I just want an idea of what amount would be reasonable to budget for mid-range but nice kitchen, not aiming for a deluxe renovation or anything very trendy.

Would consider refacing current cabinets, adding a few new cabinets, or a full renovation with new cabinets. Space is very limited, the kitchen area is about 15 1/2 ft. x 8 ft., including the small eating area at one end of the kitchen.

In an ideal world, I would replace the tile backsplash with new tile and the laminate counters with quartz. Also would have to update the lighting (I find it dark), the sink, and have some new electrical outlets installed.

I recently renovated my kitchen (in a condo so small - about 12'x12') for about $6000 and absolutely LOVE it. This included cabinets from IKEA (we chose white finish with glass accents in the higher height), a new breakfast bar using IKEA floor cabinets as a base, granite countertops, subway tile backsplash, new cabinet lighting, and new stainless steel appliances. We did all of the installing ourselves, except for the granite. Did not redo the floor or main lighting at this time.

My kitchen is 10x10 (1940s house) and cost $13k to remodel. That's with Home Depot cabinetry (solid wood; we installed it ourselves, an entire wall is cabinets) a glass tile backsplash, granite countertops, and the floor tiled in pennies (not penny tile, actual pennies). We did everything ourselves except installing the granite, but we bought granite remnants from our local granite shop for $30 a linear foot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter