Brunch at the Top - Cali Grill *new updates from 12/11/16 on p.6*

Thank you so much for sharing this! We are considering doing this in December but weren't really sure if the experience would be worth it. I'd say based on your review and photos it is! Everything looks wonderful, and it seems like the staff are definitely treating this like a special event. Love the live music touch. Do you happen to know-could one have more than one Bloody Mary from the bar? Included in the price I mean? Or is it one per brunch? Same question goes for the mimosa?

Thanks again!

It was such a great meal, I'd be trying to fit it in too. 2 yr olds are so unpredictable no matter what you plan. This meal doesn't start til 10 which is well into the morning for any little one. It runs til 2 though so maybe a lunch time would be optimal. Every child has their own clock!!

If you love fresh, homemade everything! Absolutely.

Thanks @poison ivy :) I rearranged and fit it on our first full day!! If I could get lunch hours I would definitely go for it although any time I get I would consider. My DH saw your review and told me to include it! Lol! :P thanks so much!!

Thank you so much for sharing this! We are considering doing this in December but weren't really sure if the experience would be worth it. I'd say based on your review and photos it is! Everything looks wonderful, and it seems like the staff are definitely treating this like a special event. Love the live music touch. Do you happen to know-could one have more than one Bloody Mary from the bar? Included in the price I mean? Or is it one per brunch? Same question goes for the mimosa?
Thanks again!

Sorry for the confusion but only the Mimosas were complimentary. And yes, we were offered a second one.

The Bloody Mary is actually a cash add-on - with 3 alcohol choices priced separately. I really don't know if they'll give you a refill on them at that price. Regrettably, we didn't purchase this. (I snapped that photo from the guest next to us, and she only managed the 1)
If I ever get back there though, I plan to indulge. Hopefully someone can share more details on this.

And you are right about the staff. They provide exceptional service. Really above and beyond!

Thanks @poison ivy :) I rearranged and fit it on our first full day!! If I could get lunch hours I would definitely go for it although any time I get I would consider. My DH saw your review and told me to include it! Lol! :P thanks so much!!

Great! My DH loved it! I think a lot of men really enjoy this. Hope you guys will too.

I am the DH mentioned above.
This brunch is definitely at the top of my list of best brunches and we have been to a few around the country.

It exceeds all the qualities for an excellent experience...breakfast, brunch, gourmet food, atmosphere, location and all you care to eat!

The service was very professional. A perfect balance of attention and privacy. We will definitely go back.

Thanks for the review. We are big California Grill fans and I've been wondering about the brunch. Looks amazing.

thank you for the very kind remarks. I've been curious about the Narcoossee's brunch. Have read a few reviews but still researching. how was your experience?

We loved brunch at Narcoossee's. The food and service were excellent. I should do a mini-review since I took pics of the food. We'd definitely book it again, but want to see how Cali Grill compares. So excited for this brunch! Thanks again for your review.

This is an incredible review, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Your photos made me feel as if I was there! So lovely!

Wow, this looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this incredible experience with us. $80 is definitely steep but you certainly seem to get a lot. Now only if that Bloody Mary was included in the price ; )

I was curious about seating. Do you seat yourself as the tables are "pre-serviced", or are you taken to a seat by a host?

Thanks... :)

We have this booked twice along with Narcoosees brunch
We are there 3 weeks on DxDP
This will be our MN ealing for the day..lol
12:45pm
Snacks maybe later in the evening

Thanks everyone! glad you're all finding this helpful.

We loved brunch at Narcoossee's. The food and service were excellent. I should do a mini-review since I took pics of the food. We'd definitely book it again, but want to see how Cali Grill compares. So excited for this brunch! Thanks again for your review.

I really hope you do a mini review on Narcoossee's. Would love to see those food pics!!

I was curious about seating. Do you seat yourself as the tables are "pre-serviced", or are you taken to a seat by a host?

Thanks... :)

You are seated by the host. A few of us were called at once to be taken to the 15th fl. As soon as we stepped off the elevator the servers were are all lined up to greet their scheduled guest. It was already pre-arranged at that point. So my guess is, if you want to put in any requests, you need to do this at the check-in podium on the 2nd Floor as soon as you arrive.

Thank you so much for this! We have now booked Brunch at the Top for our August trip; hubby was convinced after I shared your review.

This reminds me of the Palo brunch on DCL. I'm totally booking this; thank you for the great review!!!

Thank for the amazing review, my mouth is watering! Does anyone know how this would work on the dining plan with a 1 year old? Would it be like a buffet where he could eat off of our plates?

Incredible review! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for sharing! It looks phenomenal!!

Thanks everyone. glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much for this! We have now booked Brunch at the Top for our August trip; hubby was convinced after I shared your review.

That's great to hear. I believe it's a fantastic meal for men too. Really nice break to spend a leisure Sunday morning during a busy vacation.

This reminds me of the Palo brunch on DCL. I'm totally booking this; thank you for the great review!!!

It's very similar. Especially with the way the Main Selections are served to order. The quality definitely exceeds the quantity here in comparison but that's not to detract from the great brunch Palo has. California Grill has an exceptional culinary team with the ability to prepare so much by hand, it really stands apart. We did feel it was a more relaxing environment. We were never hurried (the table was ours for as long as we needed) and the food stations weren't crowded. Also no pressure to note that "excellent service" we are reminded so often on a cruise. Hope you get the opportunity to book it.

Thank for the amazing review, my mouth is watering! Does anyone know how this would work on the dining plan with a 1 year old? Would it be like a buffet where he could eat off of our plates?
It should work the same as all restaurants on the DDP with a 1 yr old. They only charge kids 3-9 for this brunch, so your child would not use any credits if I'm understanding your question correctly.
So yes, it would be buffet style for him eating off your plates so to speak, but I'm sure the staff will be able to accommodate something you may want to share off the main menu.

Thanks for the in-depth review. Was just able to snag a reservation for our first day in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter