Brunch at Palo?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Paula Sedley-Burke, Jun 24, 2013.

1. meajuly5

meajuly5 DIS Veteran

I don't really enjoy the food in the mdr although I do enjoy the mealtimes with the family. Much prefer the palo food and would eat there as often as possible if it didn't mean giving up family time. Although the mdr food is just so so at best (to me), I have enjoyed my meals there because of the experience and being with my family

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PegIra

PegIra DIS Veteran

Any meal at Palo's is worth it !!!!!!!!!!

4. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

You will not regret it!!!! Absolutely the best :love:. I want to do another cruise just to go to Palo brunch.

5. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

That's a good testimony we can't wait now :-) b2b cruise just for brunch. I bet you are spoilt on transatlantic lol...

6. Tara619

Tara619 Mouseketeer

I agree with everything you said. We did brunch last Thursday.

7. clten

clten DIS Veteran

I wonder if the problem is the team running Palo on the Wonder. We don't always do Palo -- we just don't find the food that fabulous and we have never gotten spectacular service that others have raved about. But we usually enjoy brunch - even though they have been cutting out the few items that I enjoyed -- stollen bread, fresh berries, etc.

I have to say on the Wonder (on the Pacific Coast cruise) it was not good at all (so much we canceled the one we had on the Alaska sailing). We had selected a later time and when we got there, the whole buffet was picked over and not replenished well the whole time we were there. The response from the matre 'd: We should have dined at 10am when they first opened. We have to contend with an apricot allergy, which was noted in the reservation (and we did go to dining assignments at the start of the cruise to discuss and make sure it was noted) but seems to be sloughed off as not as important as shellfish, wheat, nut, etc. But after a 15 minute wait to check on possible allergy problems, we were told every pastry is brushed with an apricot glaze so just to avoid them. To us, spectacular service would have been, "We saw your allergy, knew you wouldn't be able to have any of the pastries for brunch so have put together this selection for you as an alternative." Nope, just don't take that and you can have the tiramisu for dessert (but it had no ladyfingers in it so how was it tiramisu?) Disappointing in both food and service.

8. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

At $20 pp any meal at Palo is a bargain & the food is very good as well ::yes::.
    But that's just my 2 cents worth.