BRRR... The Dixons do Disney. Day 5

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Jan. 2 The Magic KIngdom
Our day begins at 7:15 with a wakeup call from Mickey. DD#2 was the first to recieve this call and she was tickled pink. She hung up and we asked who was it. She said it was Mickey and he will see us at the park. We decide on monorail over ferry and it was a good call because the boat was not running for some reason. As the monorail pulls into the station I ask the cm if my family could ride up front. He says sure, but only 4 so I get into the car beside them. I told my DH to ask for the co-pilots liscence on his way out and the driver gave each kid one. A nice way to start the day. Now our family favorite is splash mountain, but due to lack of sun we headed the opposite way into tomorrow land. Buzz and woody are idols for my DS, and I am not as competitive as the rest of my family, so they go on Buzz lightyear and I go grab fastpasses for space mountain. Actually, I like the buzz ride, but always have the lowest score so I decided to spare the humilation of having all 3 kids and hubby beat me. Four years ago both my DD's, myself and DH went on space mountain and my oldest came off crying, so for the past 3 years she has stayed off this ride. DS has always been to small, but now this is the year and he is psyched. So all 5 of us head on. I keep telling the oldest that it is ok not to like some rides and if she is nervous then stay off. She says no way, if her 6 yr old brother can do it then so can she. So we all get in line and the fast pass line is going very quickly. We board our car and whip through Space mountain. At the end we get the final verdict from DS who said it was awesome, DD#2 has always loved this ride, so for her it was great, DH and I said that we are finally getting used to it, and oldest DD said that she had a lovely view from her bench in the emergency exit. Half way through the line she said Mom how do I get out of here. Next stop the speedway with no wait at all. Astro orbiter was also a walk on. One thing we noticed with the cold weather was that no one came to the parks early. Then over to teacups, also short wait. Now over to Mickey and Minnies houses. They were done up cute for Christmas. Two quick back to back rides on the barnstormer roller coaster finishes up Mickeys toon town fair. As we head into fantasy land we noticed that the crowd level has just gone way up. We get in line for Snow whites scary adventure which has a 20 min. wait, so I head over to Winnie the pooh for fast passes. The machine was broke so the CM was just handing them out. As I walk back towards my family I realize that this will also allow me to get fastpasses for peter pan so away I go. I am back within 5 min. with 2 sets of fastpasses. I get into line with my family and DH congratulates me on a job well done. With those rides under our belt we head to haunted mansion. With a 45 min. wait we decide to grab more fastpasses and go have lunch. We head to Pecos bills, and as we passed Liberty Tree Tavern I stopped and made a PS for dinner. Years ago we ate at Pecos bills and had a great bbq beef sandwich, but it was not the same menu as before. All of us had cheeseburgers except DD who had a salad. I really like the fixin bars that they offer now, sauteed mushrooms and onions. The food was good, but I found it a little pricey. Total with no beverages was 35.00. Back to Haunted mansion. Now I am a firm believer that when your child says they do not want to go on a ride then let them stay off. The couple next to us were dragging on their son who was terrified. So when the walls close in around you in the beginning he let out a scream that could deafen you. I felt so bad for that poor child. The ride was having problems and we stopped 3 or 4 times, but we all still enjoyed it. Then we went to Tom saywers Island where I told the kids about the secret hidden paintbrushes. We had brought a little flashlight from home to help them out in the dark caves. For some reason we could not get the flashlight to turn on. I think it was due to the fact that we left it back in the hotel room. My oldest DD asked the boat driver if todays paintbrushes had been found yet, and he said that the first 2 boat load of kids found them. So if you ever want to look for these be on one of the first boats over. A little to cold out to roam around so we headed back and conteplated Slash mountain. It looked like the water had been turned down because none of the bridge spectators were getting wet. Once again we used fastpass(great system), and headed to big thunder mountain. A 25 min. wait here but we had nowhere to be. It was not bad because the 3 o'clock parade had started and we could see bits and pieces from our spot in line. We all got brave on this one and put our hands in the air. Now over to splah mountain with our fastpass. I love everything about this ride, the music, the characters, and of course the final drop. I was glad that we were able to do it. We then headed to the swiss family tree house, but never having seen the movie, my charming DS politely asked why are we walking through this boring house. The concept of a marooned family being shipwrecked and building all this by themselves was lost on him. Next the Jungle cruise. They have added a few things since our last trip, but I think my favorite parts are the corny jokes that the driver makes. When the skipper said that the headhunters always go for the skipper first he handed his hat to DS and proclaimed him the boats new skipper. The sun could not have shone any brighter at that moment for my DS. He was beside himself and reminded all of us a few times later that day of when he was made the skipper. Next stop Pirates of Carribbean. Not going to happen. It was down and would not be running again until 7pm. Bye the way the new alladin carpet ride is being built right across from the jungle cruise. Something new to look forward to. Bye this time it is getting cold and dark so we go get in line for our character dinner. We were a bit early for our ps so we waited. We have never been to this one before and it was very nice inside. The meal was platter style of all you can eat turkey, ham, beef, mashed pot.,beans, stuffing, biscuits, and salad. The characters were Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale all dressed in revolutionary style costumes. We got some great pictures. My usually rough guy DS was priceless to watch. He could not kiss these characters enough. He just turns to mush when they are around. Even my DD's who are 10 and 11 really enjoyed the character interaction. We all gave this place a thumbs up. Total for 5 was 76.00. As much as I wanted to see the parade and fireworks the cold weather was to much to handle so we reluctantly called it a night. In my 6 trips to Disney I have yet to see tinkerbell fly over the castle. Oh well it gives me one more thing to look forward to on our next trip. One thing we did get to see on our way out was the castle all aglow in blue. This was something we had never seen before and we all just stood there speechless for a minute. Another cold but perfect da

I had my lime green ribbons on my pack (both my little pouch and my backpack) and tied to our stroller when we had one, and never once did I see a fellow Dis-er! My husband and child thought I was crazy, LOL. Of course I was usually too busy to spend much time looking for ribbons!

I admire you for going on Space Mountain and Splash Mountain! I did Splash once, and think that was quite enough for me - and I've never gotten up enough nerve to do Space Mountain, but maybe next trip!

It was not until we were on our way home that I remembered that everyone on this site uses green ribbons to stand out. Next trip I will be prepared.

Enjoyed our dinner at LTT - isn't it good? Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter