Browning ground meat

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by RumpleMom, Jun 19, 2006.

1. RumpleMom

RumpleMom DIS Veteran

How do you brown ground meat?

For years, I have used a 3 piece casserole from Tupperware to brown ground meat in the microwave. It has a casserole-like bottom, a lid and a slotted insert made like a colander. It is great because all of the grease collects in the bottom and can be easily poured off. Also no grease splatters all over the stove like when using a frying pan. It is from the microwave line that Tupperware used to sell.

It is starting to show its age, so I'm wondering where I could find something similar. I have looked at colanders and considered using it inside a glass pot, but grease reaches a high temperature, so a colander not meant for the microwave might not be a good choice.

Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

I had no clue that there was something like that! I just pan fry the meat on the stove & then dump it into a colander to drain. LOL

4. Louise-Montreal

Louise-Montreal <font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy

Remember Tupperware has a lifetime guarantee. Maybe they will replace it for you.

5. disneyjunkie

disneyjunkie I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

:thumbsup2

I cook it the same way.

6. saucymb

saucymb Mouseketeer<br><font color=teal>I am an organizing

I personally like to brown ground beef on the stove top, but if you really want a microwave solution, Pampered Chef has a microwave container that steams veggies, cooks chicken, browns beef. There's a lid that has holes in it for steam to escape and it also functions as a strainer. I've had good luck when I've used it to boil chicken, but I've never used it to brown hamburger though that is one of it's uses.

7. RumpleMom

RumpleMom DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'll look into Pampered Chef.