Brown Derby...what is the most delish?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by cinderkelli, Feb 28, 2007.

1. cinderkelli

cinderkelli Mouseketeer

My husband and I have ADRs for HBD in June and I am wondering if there are any dishes that cannot be missed? Like Le Cellier has the Cheddar Soup and Kona has Tonga Toast. =) Anything at HBD like that, that I must have?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessV

PrincessV DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to your responses as I, too, have a Brown Derby ADR coming up!
    Last I was there, I had the famous Cobb Salad and it was indeed delish, but it was HUGE! Easily a two-person salad.

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I really like the Cobb Salad, but it's not for everyone. The lettuce is chopped very, very fine.

5. KS Jeff

KS Jeff Mouseketeer

Brown Derby is a must-do for us every trip. DW and I split a Cobb Salad because they're huge. This leaves room for dessert, which is always excellent.

If you like fancy drinks, order the Key Lime Martini.

6. HomeSweetDisney

HomeSweetDisney You are my new dream.

Cobb Salad, sesame crusted ahi-tuna, and grapefruit cake are all a must when I'm at HBD :thumbsup2

7. Epcot242

Epcot242 Mouseketeer

Their steak is great - I believe it's a filet. I don't remember specifically what it's called, but just look for the filet of beef or something like that. Very, very delicious.

8. MP2002

MP2002 Mouseketeer

The YOMD flourless chocolate cake might have been the best dessert of the entire trip (and we were there 2 weeks!) It was very rich but oh my was it so good! I really wanted to lick the plate but restrained myself (barely).

9. Mickey&Donald

Mickey&Donald <font color=blue>Por favor mantenganse alejado de

We adored the Cobb Salad and the Grapefruit Cake - be warned though.. that salad is HUGE! I couldn't finish, and poor DH could barely help after his own delicious entree. The cake is wonderful and refreshing, but don't eat the candied slice of grapefruit garnish.. it's too bitter.

10. DisMN

DisMN DIS Veteran

I couldn't agree with you more. It was like eating a warm chunk of chocolate fudge...truly To Die For.
    When scallops are listed as an appetizer I highly recommend them. They've been delicious and well prepared each time I've had them. As several others have mentioned the Cobb Salad is a Brown Derby original.....big enough to be served as your main course or shared before your main course!

Have a great time!

11. CSJLJJK7

CSJLJJK7 Mouseketeer

I agree with previous posters the cobb is great but definitely big enough to share. If you like lamb, they have the best chops I have ever had. The tuna also gets an honorable mention.

12. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

the tuna rocks!!! Love it!

13. KimR

KimR DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Needs to lay off t

I have to agree with this and I don't even like steak! Also, their crab cake appetizer is wonderful and I am very picky when it comes to crab cakes.

14. antmaril

antmaril DIS Veteran

Cobb Salad and Grapefruit cake - Delish!

We enjoyed our lunch at the Brown Derby very much. One of the best meals we had on our trip in January.

15. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

The only thing I had at BD that I haven't liked is the tiramisu-creme brulee, everything else has been delicious, especially the sesame-seared ahi tuna and filet mignon.

16. MickeysMommy

MickeysMommy <font color="green">Mickey is my cat<br>He sits on

BD's Filet Mignon is to die for!

17. eva

eva Often uses her unique ability to close threads.

Wow, HomeSweetDisney, the Cobb Salad, sesame crusted ahi-tuna, and grapefruit cake are exactly what DH and I shared the last time we were there. They were all fabulous.

18. kathymc

kathymc <font color=indigo><font color=teal>Dances in the

the carmel appletini!:rotfl: