Bringing your own snorkel gear to DC?

from FAQ on the DC site:

What do I need to bring with me to Discovery Cove?
Discovery Cove provides a mask and snorkel, towels and beach chairs. Guests may use their own masks and snorkels if they prefer, but may not bring any other diving or swimming equipment into the park

from FAQ on the DC site:

What do I need to bring with me to Discovery Cove?
Discovery Cove provides a mask and snorkel, towels and beach chairs. Guests may use their own masks and snorkels if they prefer, but may not bring any other diving or swimming equipment into the park

Thx! Is it worth snorkeling there?

Fºoºz;45679915 said:
Thx! Is it worth snorkeling there?

a subjective point - one who has never snorkeled will find it exciting and maybe even a wee bit intimidating. A great introduction to snorkeling.

An experienced snorkel/diver may well say ho-hum, this is all fake. But then again I've got hundreds of dives through out the Carib over 40 years & I just went and dove the EPCOT tank again recently - it's a hoot!

disneydivetwo.png

If the real question is 'should I bring my own mask and snorkel and take up room in the bag?" If you have a mask you really like, and had a hard time finding one to fit well then bring it. On the other hand the stuff they provide is better than most and there were different size mask available (we were given the snorkel to keep - they did not reuse them at that time - I'd guess same applies today)

Thanks Captain ... since DC seems like a full day event, wondering if we should take a day out of our WDW vacation to snorkel (even though we'll be doing that on our B2B cruises). We are looking at getting our own snorkel gear, particularly Rx masks ...

We bring our own masks and snorkle (since we prefer the dry variety and I just can't get past sharing a mouthpiece even if the are sanitized).

We've snorkeled throughout the caribbean and imo the water clarity, variety of fish and lack of water current to contend with is amazing, truly a stress free experience.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter