Bringing your own bottle of wine to disney????

Right. I was going to post that it's simplest to just buy what you like in the gift shop.

Anyone know if they happen to have Barefoot Riesling at the gift shop at POP? It is my favorite, tho I do plan on doing some taste testing during the food and wine festival.. :p

It is best to at least google the answer before you respond if you are not sure; the PP posted the best resource regarding shipping liquor across state lines.

:rolleyes2

Luckily, most wineries and liquor stores are pretty well versed in liquor laws and don't need Google for their information. It's pretty unlikely a reputable winery would risk their license by shipping if it weren't legal for them to do so. In my experience, they always check the destination first.

I have my wine shipped when I travel (including WDW) and have yet to run into a problem. Since that cute little map link shows that Florida allows you to ship, and last I checked, WDW is in Florida, I think my response to the OP was accurate. No one asked about shipping it home. OP asked about getting the wine there. No Googling required. Just personal experience.

I have wondered this as well. I am planning on staying at FW Cabins so a fridge is notthe issue but I do have a question (that may have been answered already so bare with me). I was planning on bringing a box of wine with me. It is black box and I believe 3 liters. I am planning on wrapping it in 2 beach towels and puttingthe whole thing in the large blue ziploc bags. Is this too much wine to put in checked?

diane5583 said:
I often have a glass of wine at bedtime to help me go to sleep. I would like to bring a bottle with me when I head to Disney in 2 weeks. I will be staying at the Pop.

First I am wondering if I would be able to keep the wine cold in the fridges they have at the Pop.
Second I am wondering if I will have any problems with the airline carrying a bottle of wine in the luggage I have checked

Diane

You shouldnt have a problem putting it in your checked bag. Just wrap it pretty good so it doesnt break.

I have packed wine & other spirits in my luggage & had no problems with it. My son has done so also & all was alright. Just be sure that all is wrapped well. I used a hoodie to wrap wine & stowed it among my clothing. It would be a good idea to pack it in a leak proof bag before wrapping it.

I can't remember a time we haven't packed a bottle of something in our checked luggage. In over 30 years I've never had a problem with breakage. We just double bag it, wrap it in a bulky item of clothing and nestle it in the middle of the suitcase.

Last year when we stayed at POP, we travelled with the 4 pack of single serving plastic bottles of wine (packed in our checked luggage) and the individual single shot plastic bottles of liquor. For $.99 cents each, I was able to get a variety of drinks, (even pre-mixed margaritas) which worked out just fine! Wine, beer and liquor are expensive at POP! If you purchase after your arrival, you can get a better deal at the Hess gas stations on property. That is where I pick up my beer! You can also buy the same little plastic bottles of liquor on-site at the Boardwalk but they are very expensive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter