Bringing stuff back home (uk)

So why do they offer to book ADR at hotel reception ? What if I preferred to do this option when we get there and have our bearings ?

Do most people book 180 before ?

If so isn't everywhere always booked up ?

Sorry I might be a little slow on the uptake on this 1.

It is a quieter time of year you are going but with free dining it fills up the restaurants.
You can take the risk of booking when you are there but the popular places could possibly have no availability, as said some fill up same day as being released 180 days out.
If you are very flexible and don't mind where you eat then there is always a meal somewhere but most of us like to be certain of getting the right restaurants which means booking months in advance.

So why do they offer to book ADR at hotel reception ? What if I preferred to do this option when we get there and have our bearings ?

Do most people book 180 before ?

If so isn't everywhere always booked up ?

Sorry I might be a little slow on the uptake on this 1.

On our very 1st visit, many moons ago when ADRs were called PS (priority seating) we didn't do our PS and we ended up eating counter service for every single meal bar 1 ....... and we hated it :sad1:

After that incident I did my research and found out about Allears and of course the DIS boards. If you are like us and like to sit down for a table service meal in the evening I can't stress strongly enough about doing your research and making ADRs.

I'm sure there are plenty of other who will agree with me and will give you more tips about this. There is also the food forums over on the US planning side and lastly if you'd like in depth info from me about what we do and why just send me a PM

Thanks. Might take you up on a PM.

Ill check all the menus.

180 days lands start if may so I have a month.

One place we will to do a sit down meal will be Rainforest cafe. We loved it in Paris so WDW must just more amazing.

As your not on the DDP and are looking to go to Universal etc I assume you will have a car?

If so there are some great restaurants offsite that are just as good if not better than the Disney ones and so much better value. It also solves the problem if you don't want to book ADRs for everyday.

Personally I would eat every meal offsite if I had a car. Sign up on all the websites for vouchers. See post #103 from my live trip report last summer http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954922&page=7
3 meals & 3 sodas for $44 & $10 tip, onsite TS meals cost us around $100 & $20 tip.
That thread has lots if onsite dining pics if you go thru it, we did 21 nights DDP.

Thanks.

No we don't have a car. We will trolly or taxi where we need to get.

Will check that thread thanks.

We prob need to mix eating on and off site.

I would say if you want to do any of the character meals book them at you 180 day ADR date. The rest if you are not fussy about times you could probably do there.

Character meals are a good way of meeting the characters and saves time from not waiting in line in the parks. There are various options and some do breakfast, lunch and dinner options.

I would agree about dropping aquatica if you are going TL and BB. Also you will see plenty marine life at sea world and discovery cove.

Fantastic is the evening show at DHS and can be very busy so do plan to be there plenty of time before the show starts. Never seen it personally but that's the advice that's always given.

Do try and see wishes and illuminations both worth it and are totally worth staying up for.

The spirit if aloha show I saw many years ago about the same age as your DDs and I was bored out of my mind. I believe the show has hardly changed since then.

So I need to look into

Wishes
Illuminations
Fantasmic
?

Wishes is the nighttime fire works at magic kingdom.
Illuminations is the firework and laser show at the world showcase in EPCOT.
Sorry should have mentioned that in my earlier post.

Trust me you will never go to a local fireworks show and be impressed after those.

unless you are my FIL who said he thought the Kempton Park Fireworks in Sunbury-on-Thames were better then Wishes:scared1: Which is by the way another reason we have never been with the relatives again:rotfl:
I mean.......oh good grief:confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter