Bringing my own rollator; yes? no? maybe??

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
I am renting an EVC for our trip in August but I'm considering also bringing my own rollator with me for the times when I might feel up to walking a bit and/or we will only be going to the park for a short period of time. We're staying at the Polynesian and spending most of our time at the MK and Epcot.

Anyway, with the EVC I can take the key and hope that nobody rolls it away while it's parked outside of an attraction or restaurant.

Have any of you ever brought your own rollator with you? How would you prevent theft?? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Here is what mine looks like; can't really think of a way to lock it up or anything...??

10997012_10207517281196984_421885557658628469_n.jpg

A lot of people use rollators in the parks.
One way I have seen people handle them is folding them and attaching them to the back of the ECV.

I guess I'm not sure why you are concerned about theft in the parks. When would you leave your rollator unattended? If its only while you are on a ride, it isusually placed in a safe area by the ride CMs, and is waiting for you at the end of the ride.

If you park your ecv, just take the key with you.

A lot of people use rollators in the parks.
One way I have seen people handle them is folding them and attaching them to the back of the ECV.

I guess I'm not sure why you are concerned about theft in the parks. When would you leave your rollator unattended? If its only while you are on a ride, it isusually placed in a safe area by the ride CMs, and is waiting for you at the end of the ride.

If you park your ecv, just take the key with you.

Thanks for the replies!!

Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I asked about leaving it unattended! LOL I am new with having a rollator and didn't think it through and realize the obvious, that it would be WITH me the entire time unless and until I was actually on a ride!

I sometimes use my rollator & I sometimes use my scooter. No one wants either one of them! They have always been safe when I am on a ride. Don't worry - you will be fine. Enjoy your vacation!

I love my rollator and use to use it all the time until I had to move to my wheelchair. I would go for it and take it with me. Enjoy!

I sometimes use my rollator & I sometimes use my scooter. No one wants either one of them! They have always been safe when I am on a ride. Don't worry - you will be fine. Enjoy your vacation!

I love my rollator and use to use it all the time until I had to move to my wheelchair. I would go for it and take it with me. Enjoy!

Thank you for your replies. I will definitely take it with me!! LOL

rollator-KL.gif

SeaSpray - that picture of the woman on skates pushing her rollator is awesomely cute!
I always wondered what I look like to others. Now I know!!!!! Lol

Your rollator would come in handy if you wanted to use the seat in a place where the ECV would be a tight fit. I recommend labeling it with uyour name and cell phone number JIC it gets moved if you park it somewhere. I have seen folks with hanging laminated signs attached to their baskets, Grandma X's rollator :)

Your rollator would come in handy if you wanted to use the seat in a place where the ECV would be a tight fit. I recommend labeling it with uyour name and cell phone number JIC it gets moved if you park it somewhere. I have seen folks with hanging laminated signs attached to their baskets, Grandma X's rollator :)

Good idea about labeling it. Maybe I'll use one of my Disney luggage tags with my name and cell number on it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter