Bringing hair appliance in carry on...

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
My daughter (12) apparently will absolutely just die if she can't bring her flat iron/beach wave maker iron thingy she got for Xmas.
I have NO room in the suit case for this, as I have packed very light and very tight (with an extra folding bag packed for the way home).
Can she put this in her carryon and not have problems with security? Its quite large and plugs in.
Thanks.

Absolutely no problem with that. I've seen all types of electrical appliances go through the X-ray machine, including irons, coffeemakers and MANY other things.

Any other q's, feel free to PM me. I work for TSA.

Thanks. We have flown alot, but not something I ever paid attention to!

I fly frequently, and I ALWAYS put both my flat iron and my hair dryer in my carryon. I've had zippers pop on suitcases, and everything come flying out, i've seen suitcases fall off the luggage ramp from the top, and I don't want to risk breaking my flat iron or hair dryer, as my dryer is old, and they don't make it anymore, and my flat iron is a chi. I should not be a problem at all. I flew in july with both in my carryon and it was perfectly fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter