Bringing Alcohol Onboard

This is how we carried our bottles and Tervis cups. It fit very nicely. We used some bubble-wrap wine bottle protectors on the glass bottles, which you can see behind the cups and the Malibu. It is a rolling bag, smaller than the DCL max size. Worked great, and was easy to roll around while we waited for our stateroom to be ready.

226352_3828996275669_1636617211_n.jpg

That looks perfect! I love the bubble wrap. Any ideas for packing bottles of beer so they don't roll around in the luggage?

I've seen boxes of booze rolled on using the portable, collapsible luggage carts. The carts are less than $20 so I plan to get one before our next cruise to haul a week's worth of Diet Dr. Pepper onboard.

I'm with you, only mine will be caffeine free diet Pepsi. ::yes::

Anyone ever tried to bring a case of bottled water? I'm trying to figure that one out. I drink a lot of water and was hoping to bring some.

Anyone ever tried to bring a case of bottled water? I'm trying to figure that one out. I drink a lot of water and was hoping to bring some.

I'm sure people have done that but I don't know why. The water on board is perfectly good to drink. No chemical/mineral taste at all. Just bring along one of those refillable bottles and save yourself the hassle.

Here is a hint for those flying out of the country to sail on DCL. We are going on our second Med next year. When we did the Baltic DH purchased his Scotch on the airplane as duty free!:woohoo: Great way to purchase it at a reduced cost. Just carry off the plane to our hotel and then bring in our carry on when we board the ship! There are 7 of us on the next trip so we will have our alcohol covered!

I'm sure people have done that but I don't know why. The water on board is perfectly good to drink. No chemical/mineral taste at all. Just bring along one of those refillable bottles and save yourself the hassle.

:thumbsup2 This.

The water onboard is processed the same way most bottled water is - reverse osmosis/filtered. It's quite good. No need to bring on a case of bottles that you have to lug around before your room is ready. (DCL requests that all beverages you bring onboard be carried on, not in checked bags).

Just bring your favorite water bottle and fill up.

:cutie:

We checked a case of water in 2008 on the EBPC. We wanted bottled water for the ports (especially Mexico). It wasn't an issue back them.

We checked a case of water in 2008 on the EBPC. We wanted bottled water for the ports (especially Mexico). It wasn't an issue back them.

Just fill up your own bottle with water onboard the ship for excursions. No extra bottles that have to be recycled.

:thumbsup2 This.

The water onboard is processed the same way most bottled water is - reverse osmosis/filtered. It's quite good. No need to bring on a case of bottles that you have to lug around before your room is ready. (DCL requests that all beverages you bring onboard be carried on, not in checked bags).

Just bring your favorite water bottle and fill up.

Does this mean in the staterooms, too? I purchased a case onboard last time, but would much prefer to just use a hydroflask!

Just thought I'd add to this. Our last cruise we packed a soft sided cooler with rollers to bring along. The morning we left port I went over to the Publix and got a case of Corona Light bottles. It was a 5 day trip and and it worked out great. My only regret was that I got glass bottles. For in the room this was fine but I didn't feel comfortable bringing the glass on deck when we went by the pool. The next time I will probably by the metal bottles or cans instead. I'm usually a bottled beer snob but I'll make the sacrifice for safety's sake.

I am surprised more people don't take advantage of DCL's policy to let you bring your own. Now if I could just figure out a way to get my Jimmy Buffett Margarita machine on board I'd be SET!!!!

I've seen boxes of booze rolled on using the portable, collapsible luggage carts. The carts are less than $20 so I plan to get one before our next cruise to haul a week's worth of Diet Dr. Pepper onboard.

:thumbsup2

What is the alcohol limit? I am hearing mix information about the the limit. Is it unlimited or 1 per person.

It's only limited as to how much will fit in your carry on. NONE in checked bags

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter