bringing a friend-which hotel

newrygirl

DIS Veteran
As of right now I have WL booked for Aug 19-29, first time in a deluxe, we are myself, dh, ds17 and ds13. My ds17 asked if he could bring a friend which I have no problem with as we really like his friend, now we can't stay at WL as their are 5 of us. So here is my delima, I was paying $2700 for WL, room only, I thought if I could get a standard view garden wing at CR it is only about $500 more than the WL but it is only showing garden view which is $1069 more than WL, I feel that is too much as we are not asking his parents to chip in for hotel, just his other costs. We could do POR for $1721 which is $2000 cheaper than CR, I have never stayed at a deluxe so was wondering if we would like the extra room or if it is worth that much extra $. If we did POR I would bring a air mattress for ds13 as I know the trundle is small(we have stayed their before).
Does anyone think standard view garden wing will become available as I am willing to pay an extra $500 for this over WL but not an extra $1069 for garden view. Ahhhhhh I don't know what to do, help!!!!!!!!

Have you considered the Fort Wilderness Cabins? They'd be comparable in price to the WL (or cheaper) and have room for 6 and it's a COOL LOG CABIN! ;)

Knox

Funny I just posted the kind of question! Only my DS17 wants to bring his girlfriend. I am thinking about the cabins at Ft Wilderness. Would that work for you? For what its worth I always stay in 2 connecting rooms at either the Dolphin or one of the values. I really prefer 2 bathrooms for the same price as a deluxe. Don't overlook the family suite as an option.

I would still check back at 45 days out from your trip, there might be a cancellation for the CR SView

Just wanted to say we stayed at the ASMU suite, and it was fine. (I know how you feel though, I want to stay at a Deluxe also.)

Don't know if your dates can change but there is a 45% discount on rooms only for Deluxe, the cut off date is Aug. 14.

You could do at split stay, since you are staying 10days. 5 at POR and 5 at CR GView

our dates are firm as we have a 4 night disney cruise booked for Aug 29, I am also hoping for free dining for the time I will be there, with 5 adults the free dining is a huge savings. I'm thinking I will book garden view and hope for standard to come available and if it doesn't and free dining doesn't happen then we will switch to POR, I looked at the cabins but seems transportation can be a pain. $1721 for POR or $3769 for CR garden view, wow that is a big difference though, although I have to think I was going to pay $2700 for WL. Heres hoping standard view becomes available.

CR garden wing standard is available nights of 8/19, 8/20, 8/21, 8/22
not available nights of 8/23, 8/24, 8/25,
available again nights of 8/26, 8/27, 8/28

I'd book what I can get on standard, book garden view for 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 and hope those clear for standard view. Disney will break up your reservations for you. Note that you may have to book more than 8/23, 8/24 and 8/25 to get garden view. With some date combinations only tower rooms were showing as available. You have to play around with the reservation system or ask the CM you're speaking with to do it.

Also note that rooms available on free dining are limited so you may never be able to get standard view on free dining. Just depends on what they make available for that promotion.

The standard wing rooms are very sought after and hard to get, so I'd grab the nights I can get now, and keep trying for the rest. If you wait, you probably won't get any nights on standard.

Moving is kind of a pain, but you could move elsewhere (POR?) for the three nights and then move back.

CR garden wing standard is available nights of 8/19, 8/20, 8/21, 8/22
not available nights of 8/23, 8/24, 8/25,
available again nights of 8/26, 8/27, 8/28

I'd book what I can get on standard, book garden view for 8/23, 8/24, 8/25 and hope those clear for standard view. Disney will break up your reservations for you. Note that you may have to book more than 8/23, 8/24 and 8/25 to get garden view. With some date combinations only tower rooms were showing as available. You have to play around with the reservation system or ask the CM you're speaking with to do it.

Also note that rooms available on free dining are limited so you may never be able to get standard view on free dining. Just depends on what they make available for that promotion.

The standard wing rooms are very sought after and hard to get, so I'd grab the nights I can get now, and keep trying for the rest. If you wait, you probably won't get any nights on standard.

Moving is kind of a pain, but you could move elsewhere (POR?) for the three nights and then move back.
I agree with your suggestion.

With kids those ages...I'd opt for two rooms in a moderate. I would rather have some privacy and two bathrooms.

I mean you'll have FIVE adult sized people in one room. It can get pretty crowded.
I think it would be a great idea for the boys to have their own room.

If it were me I would do two rooms at a value. I would pray for connecting rooms, put the boys in one, and stay with dh in the other. I think the privacy, and space would be worth it for everyone. I also like the idea of the cabins. I have never been inside of them, but only hear wonderful things.

Personally, I'd pick CR and manage in one room with one bath! I think having the boys able to walk to MK and walk back is worth the one-room inconvenience!

I like your idea of the CR Garden Wing. I would definitely say do NOT book POR. You would be cramped and the deluxes are SO much nicer IMO.
Keep trying for that garden wing room!!

We had the same dilemma. We were booked at YC for our family of four, and my daughter asked if she could bring her friend. We were excited about staying at a deluxe, Stormalong Bay and in the Epcot area. They are 12, but I still thought it would be too crowded to have 5 people in one room, so we switched to the FW Cabins. We have stayed there before, and they are great. The girls can all now have their own bedroom and my DH and I can have some privacy sleeping on the murphy bed in the living room. It was cheaper, too. Plus, I figure we can easily have breakfasts and some other meals in the cabin and same more $$ on food. As far as getting around, we rented a golf cart and had no problems at all w/ transportation. My kids actually wanted to stay here again just because of the golf cart.

We had the same dilemma. We were booked at YC for our family of four, and my daughter asked if she could bring her friend. We were excited about staying at a deluxe, Stormalong Bay and in the Epcot area. They are 12, but I still thought it would be too crowded to have 5 people in one room, so we switched to the FW Cabins. We have stayed there before, and they are great. The girls can all now have their own bedroom and my DH and I can have some privacy sleeping on the murphy bed in the living room. It was cheaper, too. Plus, I figure we can easily have breakfasts and some other meals in the cabin and same more $$ on food. As far as getting around, we rented a golf cart and had no problems at all w/ transportation. My kids actually wanted to stay here again just because of the golf cart.

Plus..the newly renovated themed pool in FW looks wonderful!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter