Bring your own officiant?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by mmmsarah3, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mmmsarah3

mmmsarah3 Mouseketeer

What are the guidelines in bringing your own officiant? Does he count on the guest list? We are thinking of having my DF's old pastor come and marry us. Can this be done?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sandk

sandk Mouseketeer

My aunt is a pastor and is marrying us in January...she will definitely be counted as a guest because she will be attending the reception as a regular aunt afterwards :-) so i think this depends on whether your DF's pastor is coming to the reception.

4. Swmhc

Swmhc DIS Veteran

Yes, you can bring your own officiant as long as he is a legall ordained minister or a Florida notary. And yes, he will count in your guest count if he is not on Disney's list of approved officiants.

5. JonetteA

JonetteA <font color=green>A Tag is a wish that's granted, Moderator

My step brother is a pastor and he married us. Make sure to have them verify with the court system that they are all set so that there are no surprises later on. You can check on the Florida website I believe. It has been a while. On your license it has room for him/her to put clergy.

6. Cinderella22

Cinderella22 Mouseketeer

I can't believe they count the officiant as a guest, known or not.