Bring your own fridge or coffee maker?

I'm really sorry - not to be a smart-*** but all I can picture in my head is you lugging your 18 cu. foot fridge past the giant Dalmatian. ;)

:confused3 For all the inconvenience of bringing them with you, and I'd assume the cost?? IF you were flying............ or driving for that matter, unless you had a pick-up, why not just rent them???? OR stay at a mod.??
I don't understand why you'd bring them with you?

I understand. I brought one of those coolers that can plug into your car lighter or a regular outlet. We drove, so we needed a cooler in the car anyway. It worked good and no one ever said a word. If you are there for 7 nights, it's over $70 to rent one, you can buy a good sized electric cooler for about that and then have it to use later. Makes sense to me.

You can also bring a coffee maker if you want. I have one of those little one cup makers that I will be bringing if POR doesn't have them in the room.

Aren't fridges free now at all Disney resorts?

Let me rephrase. Our ASMo hotel has neither a fridge nor coffee maker, and I dont want to pay to rent a fridge. I have a mini-fridge that I can bring (I am driving only 4 hours to Disney) and thought it was a good idea to cut cost. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I thought it was a good idea.

I think it's a good idea to save some money. And no, fridges are only free at Mods and Deluxes, which I think is so stupid, they should be free at all resorts. A lot of families with multiple children can only afford to stay at the Values and they are the ones who most benefit from the fridge, yet they have to pay for one. :confused3

fmdelano said:
Let me rephrase. Our ASMo hotel has neither a fridge nor coffee maker, and I dont want to pay to rent a fridge. I have a mini-fridge that I can bring (I am driving only 4 hours to Disney) and thought it was a good idea to cut cost. Just wondering if anyone has done this. I thought it was a good idea.

I would call the resort first and ask. They might not allow it because it doesn't belong to them. What if it shorts out and causes a fire (God forbid). Who would be liable? Same might go for the "non Disney" coffemaker. I'd be curious as to what the resort says. By the way, I think the values should get a free fridge and coffemaker like the rest of the resorts.

I've brought our plug-in cooler lots of times. We normally drive and use in the van anyway. It is great. We also bring a small 4 cup coffee pot at the values because we can NOT stand the coffee at WDW. No one has ever even looked twice. Before the mods and deluxes had fridges I brought it to WL and AKL. Bellman put it on our cart took it right up, not a question asked. We tipped appropriately of course. It was kinda heavy because it had drinks in it from our trip there. I don't see that you have a problem. Bring them!

We drive and have taken our electric cooler on several trips with no problem. It is the style that plugs into a cigarette lighter and has an adapter to plug into the wall. It keeps milk and drinks cool, however, I would hesitate to store meat products in it.

The gift shops/food court stock milk and other items you might need for your family if you choose not to take a cooler.

When we stayed I rented a mini-frig and brought my own coffee pot and toaster. If I had an electric cooler or mini-frig I would have brought them. I don't think Disney cares.....they didn't say anything to me about my toaster or coffee pot.

yes we drive and have a cube refrig we take with us. Nothing was said to us at Pop.

We are driving and have an electric cooler, so we will be bringing that. Since my husband is diabetic requiring insulin we get a complimentary fridge. But as it has already been said if you are driving the investment into the electric cooler would be worth it. We have had ours for several years and have used it a lot. I have heard the fridges (at least in the values)are quite small. Another sugguestion for those who are bringing an electric cooler is to bring either an extention cord or a power bar.

I have traveled to many hotels & resorts with my own travel coffee maker for years. I have never had a problem anywhere. I do find it unplugged after housekeeping - probably due to concerns over possible electrical shorts.

no but we bring a folding cooler and filll it with ice ,works well, will not pay for a fridge in disney. have stored milk, beer soda, yogurt, etc. you can also buy a steyreform one and that worked well also. I would bring a coffe pot. Goodluck, I cant say anything, we brought a microwave when we stayed at the hilton at kennedy space center and left it there, it was an older one, we needed to heat bottles up for our two babies at the time. When we got to disney we knew the food court at cr had one. I know I am a bad speller, my friends always make fun of my e mails. :love:

My DH and I both are terrible coffee addicts - the coffeemakers in hotels only make usually 2 cups, which is a good start...but we'd be making several of those little pots! So we always bring our own, and we've never had a problem. I do unplug it when we leave the room. We also bring a fan for noise control - as you can tell, we drive down, not fly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter