Bring on the stretchy pants, it's a DDP Report, final thoughts :)

We also had a bad experience at Ohana. I really liked it the first time we went, but the second time was awful and we will not be going back.

who hadn't drunk the 'Ohana koolaid! DD & I went 2 years ago and never again. The meal was just awful start to finish both food and service. So our never again list is 'Ohana and Hollywood & Vine.

Great reviews, thanks!

who hadn't drunk the 'Ohana koolaid! DD & I went 2 years ago and never again. The meal was just awful start to finish both food and service. So our never again list is 'Ohana and Hollywood & Vine.
:lmao:

We've never tried H&V.

Our NEVER AGAIN list is: 'Ohana and HDDR

I am getting worried now! We are going in Nov and have reservations for both H&V and Ohana... We are taking friends who have never been to Disney and was hoping to make it a great 1st trip for them. What were your problems with H&V?

Oh no! We ADR for Whispering Canyon also. What were your problems with H & V and Whispering Canyon?

H&V was just bad food (when there was food); it was lukewarm, the restaurant was filthy (tables, floors, etc.) and the service was non-existent (took 20 minutes for a drink).

As for WCC, a lot of people LOVE it so don't go by just us. We didn't care about the "hoopla" -- alathough there was NONE while we were there; but the food was not good to us at all (and we LOVE barbecue) and the service was terrible (2 hours wasted). My DH was sick after eating the pork and chicken in the skillet (I didn't eat any of it because the rest of the food was gross in my opinion). The bottomless shakes were good though.

so sorry about your bad experience at 'Ohana. it is actually on my must visit list! i have had great dinners there and will def. make adr again for my next trip. it scares me a little tho to hear the neg. comments...
hopefully they can make some changes so that things get better...

What a great trip report even though I'm late joining in.

We were just at Ohana's on July 5th and our server was a little slow too and she seemed to really not like one person in our party. The food was terrific though so we'll keep it on our must do list and hope management makes some changes to the staff. Another thing I thought was odd was they were not offering turkey on the skewers. Our server said there is a turkey shortage and the only turkey at Disney was the giant legs in the parks. Who knew? LOL

Awesome reviews! I'm steering clear of the lobster and surf n turf at narcoossee's next month - too many bad reviews of them recently.

Thanks for your reviews!

We have been to Ohana twice (one breakfast, one dinner). Both times the food and the service were great. I am sorry you had such a bad experience! I would be ticked if I only got two bites of my dessert - especially if it was the best part of the meal.

Le Cellier Lunch

I have to say I was very excited to finally try this restaurant. My DH is like yeah, whatever let's eat, but for me this was going to be a treat. We checked in and were seated within 5 minutes. I love how the place feels like you are in a cave, it was very dark and cool. Which was a welcome relief from the heat outside.

DSC05847.jpg

We had 2 servers, one was in training. They were both really sweet and knew the menu quiet well. My DH ordered a strawberry smoothie and I had an ice tea. For our apps he had the duck, which he said was tasty and something different from the ordinary. I had a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup. I had it last year at the F&W and even found the recipe and made some at home. This soup was fantastic as I remembered it. The pretzel bread and sourdough bread was excellent as well. Our servers were so attentive, and made sure we were well taken care of.

DSC05850.jpg

DSC05851.jpg

DSC05852.jpg

DSC05853.jpg

For our lunch entrees of course we both tried the filet. After all the talk on this board about that darn piece of meat, I was not leaving DW until I tried it. We subbed for the cream cheese potatoes (hello treadmill, you know those things are naughty for the diet :lmao:). The filet was heavenly, I would say just as good as the filet at YM and CG. I have dreams now about it! I liked that the portion was small as well.

DSC05854.jpg

DSC05855.jpg

For dessert I had the adorable chocolate moose and my husband had some sort of marshmellow dessert.

DSC05856.jpg

DSC05857.jpg

Le Cellier was a great experience and I loved it so much I have 2 ADR's for November for lunches. I cannot wait to take my MIL there. Who knows maybe I will try something other than the filet. Also in November there will be no DDP. I give Le Cellier a 10 out of 10 for top notch service and awesome food :thumbsup2

Coming up anothr visit to Raglin Road-I just cannot get enought of pub food :rotfl:

All of this looks so good!

I know I am not going for a year, my whole family is going, sister's there husbands, nieces and nephews, granparents. On one of the night's our parents are going to watch the kids and we plan on going to a Signature rest. We are on the DxDP. So it will be my sister's and there husbands and myself and my husband. We were thinkining Le'Cellier - we all love steak.
Should we go here? or CG?
Thanks!

All of this looks so good!

I know I am not going for a year, my whole family is going, sister's there husbands, nieces and nephews, granparents. On one of the night's our parents are going to watch the kids and we plan on going to a Signature rest. We are on the DxDP. So it will be my sister's and there husbands and myself and my husband. We were thinkining Le'Cellier - we all love steak.
Should we go here? or CG?
Thanks!

That is a tough one, but I would give a nod to the Cali Grill for the signature experience. The views are just unbelievable and their service was great as well. The filet at both Le Cellier and CG were fantastic. The CG has sushi, flatbreads, and more adult drink selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter