Bring back..............

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by CHIPSTER, Oct 28, 2012.

1. CHIPSTER

CHIPSTER DIS Veteran

Have a trip planned in February - and only several dining reservations. Since going from the time WDW opened prices have gone sky high (above what prices should be today) and quality has declined. Sure miss some of the oldies such as Tangorora Terrace at the Poly, Cafeteria of the Stars at HS, the pizza sing-a-long at FW, the selectin at the Main Street Bakery and the food quality at Chef Mickeys and the clambake. Prices at the castle - really????

Everyone raves about LeCellier and when we ate there the quality was on par with a Ponderosa Steakhouse. Getting to be that some of the counter service restaurants have some excellent choices for the price - shrimp at Columbia Harbor House, meals at Cosmic Rays and the food court in the Land.

We will revisit 2 restaurants we haven't been to in years - Captain's Grille and Fultons Crabhouse as we were disappointed in Narcoosees last visit. ALso have ressies at Rose and Crown and The Plaza Restaurant (this restaurant has remained consistent over the years).

Which restaurants would you want back? I'm sure I have missed a few.

Chipster

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

captains grille is gross. I would switch your adr to Kouzzina at the boardwalk. delicious food, great service.

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

If you are looking just at the cost of the food, no character meal is worth what they charge. You charge for having characters at the meal, and the Castle can charge $$$ because it is in such high demand.

I have to disagree with you on another point--I don't think Le Ceiller resembles Ponderosa AT ALL. Unless the Ponderosas by you are a lot better quality than the ones around here.

I think a lot of the food has been made more generic by public demand. You see posts on here all the time from people who want to eat "normal" food, and who have kids that only eat burgers and nuggets.

5. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

I miss the old Chef Mickey's and Donald's Dairy Dip, both were at the DTD Marketplace. And I liked Restaurant Akershus and Tusker House before they became Character meals.

6. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

I'd kill for Concourse Steakhouse to come back.

7. mickeysbestfriend

mickeysbestfriend DIS Veteran

Papetee Bay Verandah at the Poly, Tangarora Terrace at the Poly, The Trophy Room at what used to be the Golf Resort, Empress Lilly (all three restaurtants, Top of the World, King Stephans Banquet Hall, Akershaus pre characters, The Land grill room when they served porterhouse steaks for breakfast :)

8. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

The Odyssey! That was always my family's first stop when we got to Disney. Loved putting the cheese sauce on everything! I also miss Alfredo's. That fettucini dish killed my stomach but I enjoyed every minute of it :)

9. kris4360

kris4360 DIS Veteran

There use to be a cart by Indiana Jones that sold Philly cheese steak sandwiches. I dont know the name but they were the best!!

10. Bev J

Bev J DIS Veteran

We used to love to have breakfast at Tonys! A ressie before the park opened and when you were done just stroll on out to main street!
    Yummmy cinnamon rolls and a good breakfast to start the day.

Bev

11. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

The old CMs was the best. The old TH too!! I miss Concourse Steakhouse!

12. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Oh..Tonys breakfast. Yes! And how could I forget Empress Lily. :(

13. gingerfeathers

gingerfeathers Mouseketeer

I agree with you about Le Cellier. It was always one of our must-do restaurants, until they upped it to two TS dining credits for dinner. We still went there last trip... and frankly it was a waste of credits. I was disappointed, and we won't be going back.

14. CraigInPA

CraigInPA Since June 1974

I really miss The Explorer's Club at DTD. A lovely way to spend an evening with a nice drink and good entertainment.

15. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

To this list I would add the Buena Vista Room which was like the Trophy Room, only it was in the Lake Buena Vista Clubhouse at the LBV Golf Course.
    I also miss the Heidleberg Deli which used to be in the Village (now, DTD), and the original version of Arthur's 27.

16. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

Concourse Steakhouse
    Alfredo's better than Tutto can ever dream of being!
    Coral Reef, 10-12 years ago, the best steak and Lobster tail ever!

I really enjoy Le Cellier, always have and it's a heck of lot better than the Ponderosa I tired once! But to each his own!

17. catheren

catheren DIS Veteran

I miss....
    the original CM's when was at DTD and NOT a buffet.
    the Concourse Grille at CR
    the TT, and PBV at the Poly
    the Empress Lilly - all 3 restaurants
    Crocketts Tavern at FW - they served the same meal you got at the HDD, but cheaper $$
    Ariels at the BC

:confused3

18. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

I second that....that was always our arrival day lunch tradition. We were really sad to see it go.

19. L&Lfan

L&Lfan DIS Veteran

I miss the Adventureland Verandah and Akershus before it became a character meal. And the old original Tomorrowland Terrace.

20. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

I've never met a person who tried Ariel's. How was the seafood?

21. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Well below the quality of Flying Fish, but close to the same price point. Somewhere along the line they must have decided that Yachtsman for steak and Cape May/Flying Fish for seafood were sufficent and they didn't need Ariel's any longer.