Brer Rabbit Costume Help New Question in 1st post???

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by tripletots, Apr 9, 2010.

1. tripletots

tripletots DIS Veteran

Hi all, my son has a middle school project (6th grade) where he has to dress up as a folklore character. He has chosen Brer Rabbit. I need help on ideas as to how he should dress. I am creatively challenged. This is a graded project, so he will be graded on his costume. HELP!!!!

After you all helped with ideas for the costume, my son sat down this morning to finishing writing his paper (a monologue he has to give) and he noticed on his rubric that it says NO DISNEY CHARACTERS. Because he has ridden Splash Mountain, he asked me if Brer Rabbit was a Disney character. At first I said no, but now I'm not sure. What do you guys say........Is Brer Rabbit a Disney Character?????.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tiggger1

tiggger1 <font color=green>I put vicks on my feet<br><font

4. tiggger1

have him get some grey fleecey or furry fabric to make shoe covers...

all he needs to do is cut a big pice of fabric big enough to cover the shoe and sew or glue elastic to keep it in place...

5. tiggger1

or even easier idea. go to home depo and buy a pair of the thin gray foot covers they use to protect your shoes from paint... get a larger size and add a piece of cardboard to make his feet bigger

6. tripletots

tripletots DIS Veteran

I knew I could count on you. Thanks so much. :goodvibes

7. tripletots

tripletots DIS Veteran

bumping so you can see my new question in the 1st post.

8. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

Orginally no! but be sure he has the whole "folklore" part of the original stories(Native American origins) vs. the Disney Sound of the South version.

9. Disneymusicgirl

Disneymusicgirl WDWCP Fall 2010 Recreation CM!

Agreed! Brer Rabbit's most famous source isJoel Chandler Harris's Uncle Remus, which is a collection of stories recorded from African American oral storytelling, and the tales were around even before that through the Cherokee tribes. The story definitely existed before Disney's film adaptation!