Breaking news - new types of Disney weddings?

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by ChocolateMouse, Feb 2, 2007.

1. ChocolateMouse

ChocolateMouse For the love of the mouse... and chocolate!

I see a new category of weddings on Disney Wedding's web site, plus the Intimate name has changed:

Wishes Collection - 10 or more guests
    Couture Collection - 10 or more guests
    Escape Collection - 10 or less guests

Couture is the type of wedding by David Tutera.

The Escape says 10 or less guests, but all the Intimate limits appear to still apply (i.e. up to 20 guests at Wedding Pavillion, Sea Breeze Point and Yacht Club Gazebo). I haven't looked at all the new details yet. The WP location is now $3900. Wasn't it $4200 previously or am I just imagining the discounted the price?

I also noticed the event minimum for Saturday nights during the premium season is now $25,000.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ForKeeps

ForKeeps DIS Veteran

I'm just confused by this. Seems to add more complications.

I can help with the WP price though for "escape" brides -- I paid $3900 for a 2007 intimate at the WP, so I think it's the same.

4. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

I was just going to post about this!!! It throws all my plans out the window now everything has changed!! We are planning for oct 08 so I wonder if it will all change again next feb??

5. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

it says under the intimates that they get a 2 hour planning consultation on the phone, that was never mention before, This new weddings are so good

6. ChocolateMouse

ChocolateMouse For the love of the mouse... and chocolate!

Close, but not quite:
    "Two half-hour telephone planning consultations with a Disney Wedding Coordinator prior to your wedding"

http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/int/cer/pack_elements.jsp

It also says Escape dates are available Monday through Friday. Intimate dates were also available Saturdays, which it still says that in my wish book. I'd hate them if I was just about to book a Saturday Intimate ceremony and they said no.

My wish book still shows Custom and Intimate. The Intimate WP price shows up as $3900. I could've sworn I saw $4200 earlier, but I've also looked at too many things lately to remember them all.

If someone had time, it'd be worth going through the new packages and redlining the changes. I'm interested in finding out whether current DFTW bookings will adopt any new changes or if we're grandfathered under the old packages. Disney's standard disclaimer is all prices and terms are subject to change without notice.

7. autumnbride2B

autumnbride2B Mouseketeer

I talked to my SM about this last night and the changes in minimums don't apply to people already in the system. They will only apply to new bookings.

8. Sparkles9306

Sparkles9306 Disney Fanatic!!

Just from a quick glance it looks like the Escape includes everything that the intimates does. It now includes the phone planning.

9. yearbook50

yearbook50 Mouseketeer<br><font color=darkorchid>I gave all o

I so hope I can get my now "escape" wedding on a saturday...

10. yearbook50

So I just called them after my freaking out...apparently they haven't notified the 321 number about the Saturday weddings...so it should still be able to happen...i wont know for sure until the coordinator calls me back.

11. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

I'm not too crazy about the Couture options from the descritions on the site. I can't imagine not being able to change anything about the wedding like they're describing it. I'm sure they'll be nice, but if all you get to do is pick one of 4, that's not very fairytale to me.

Maybe someone will get more info soon.

12. yearbook50

I agree...I also how they dont have any pricing information about it out - or at least I cant find it.

13. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Yeah, I scoured the DFTW site while the Boards were down just now (for me, anyway), and the only place a price is mentioned for the Couture weddings is a $10,000 DEPOSIT (cash/money order only).

This is hilarious to me, because a paragraph above they're going on about how Couture is a "budget-friendly" alternative to the standard Custom (now "Wishes") wedding! I know many girls on this board who've had entire Custom weddings for $10,000!

14. DisneyFairy19

DisneyFairy19 Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been

Oh my goodness.. I am freaking out now... I am going to have to go on the website and recalculate my wedding now... Oh brother:sad1:

15. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

I too just had a panic and have scoured my wishbook checking everything. I agree, the couture doesn't sound much fun, although some of the decoration looked beautiful. I want to pick my own location and what it looks like, not have a cookie-cutter wedding :( And no, I couldn't find any pricing info either....

16. Maggimus

Maggimus DIS Veteran

The Couture Wedding, IMO, seems like its not budget friendly to anyone other than disney. They can reuse vases time and time again (especially because they only give you 4 choices)... who wants to pay just as much to not be able to change a darn thing-- yet pay the same and get a say so?

I think thats a little too "Hollywood" for Disney to do..

17. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

I agree. That's the reason we decided to book with Disney instead of a travel agent here - because we could chose the elements we wanted and put our "stamp" on it. That way I'm paying for exactly what I want, and not what they have worked out as cost efficient for them to roll out time and time again.

18. myprincessgirlisa

myprincessgirlisa DFTW 12/4/97

looks like the vow renewals got hit with all this too

i just checked it out & it looks like it went from 2950 to 3900 & nothing changed except the phone calls(which I dont think adds up to $1000)...unless Im reading this wrong....

If its $4000 to do a vow renewal its gonna be hard to get my DH to agree to spend that much money....we pd $2500 back in 97 & it included room & tickets....This just made it a little more difficult to do ....bummer & I was really wanting to do this for his parents since they couldnt go the first time...maybe it wasnt meant to be:sad2:

19. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not you can have an intimate wedding with 18 anymore without paying the custom price ($10k)? The scape is for 10 or fewer while the other two are for 10+ but include minimums to meet (at a custom price).

20. yearbook50

You can still get an escape with 18 people...you juts get a per person charge for those over 10.

21. allisonswonderland

allisonswonderland DIS Veteran

my wedding was at the WP in Nov and it was 2200 and that included the organist - so is this more like a package?