Breakfast places (non-character) for kids

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Hi, looking for some advice on where to take the family (me, DW, 1yr old and 4 1/2 yr old)

Do not want to go to character breakfast and breakfast buffet not our style either

Any suggestions where to go (we are staying at BCV and AKL and have a rental car so anything is possible)

thanks
jaysue

Hi, we haven't tried it yet. We are about to. A lot of people are saying that Fresh at the Dolphin is very good. How about this?

Just noticed that you said no buffet. Sorry, this is a buffet. But, another place that I thought of that is really good for breakfast and is not a buffet is Boatwrights. It is at Port Orleans - the one that used to be Dixie Landings. It is really good. we have eaten here several times.

Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL has a sit down menu with an all you can eat skilet. It's a loud fun place if that suits your taste.

Jordans' mom

Tubbis at the Dolphin is cafeteria style, not quite buffet but not quite sit down and the food is very good and familiar for little ones. I believe Electric Umbrella in EPCOT still serves breakfast too, which is counter service and has great blueberry muffins. Our kids are 2 & 4, but we mostly eat in the room - muffins, breakfast bars, juice and fruit, sometimes cereal and then do a big lunch. Spoodles also has nice breakfast service, and very good coffee too. It is not a buffet, they do offer one all you can eat option, and then several plated breakfasts.

On our recent trip (just two weeks ago :( ) we ate breakfast twice at Spoodles. We really liked the food. Fritattas were wonderful (sort of an omelet), banana french toast and breakfast pizza were good too. Kids were able to get bagels with peanutbutter and eggs cooked to order. We really wanted to get there for dinner but never made it.

Our depature day we ate breakfast at Spoodles then rented a surrey bike to ride. It was a nice ending for our trip.

:D

Kona Cafe is a great spot for an MK morning. Great Tonga Toast, omelets, egg benedict as well as lighter choices. Mickey pancakes are fun for children.

Grand Floridian Cafe is a very pretty spot that we enjoy for lunch but they do serve breakfast too. We just can't tear ourselves away from Kona on MK days.

Uncleromulus always praises Boatwrights and we tried it. He's right....it's great too.

We've yet to try it, but I have heard great things about the breakfast.

The Galley at the Yach Club is nice for breakfast. They do have a (non-character) buffet but you can also order off the menu.

Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter