breakfast at chef mickey's or 'ohana?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Ariel on Land, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Ariel on Land

Ariel on Land DIS Veteran

It's our last day- no parks, so we were going to have a late breakfast. Which is better? I think I'm mostly interested in the food-- the characters are both great and each have their own pros. My DD will love Minne, but my boys would love Stitch.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. matt&jakesmom

matt&jakesmom DIS Veteran

Both places are great! If you want more of a selection in breakfast foods, then I would recommend Chef Mickey's because it's a buffet. O'hana's is a sit down and there will bring you bread and fruit to start, then a skillet with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and the server will come around with mickey waffles.

We have eaten at O'hana's the last 3 years and the only downside is the wait. Between waiting to be seating, served, eating, characters, etc, our breakfasts last 1 1/2 hours. Chef Mickey's is anywhere between 45 to an hour.

Whichever one you choose, have fun!

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

we did care for the food at CM's, we liked Ohana food better. Plus its more serene, relaxing, and beautiful inside. :)

5. jana616

jana616 DIS Veteran

We did both in 2009, and enjoyed 'Ohana so much more! CM was fine, and the variety of food is great. But 'Ohana was so relaxed, it was a nice change from the buffets. Having them bring the food around was nice, no worrying about missing a character, etc. And we left stuffed-everything was delicious, hot, and plentiful!

6. dgagnon519

dgagnon519 DVC member AKL since 2008

We love both. Chef Mickey's is a must do for my son. My must do is Ohana. Quality of food goes to Ohana, but not variety. The character interaction is good at both. Ohana is more calm inside.
    If I had to pick it would be Ohana.

7. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

Ohana! There is something so nice about them bringing the food to your table, rather than dealing with nose-picking and sneezing kids up touching stuff at a buffet.

8. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

We prefer 'Ohana. We find the character interaction to be better, stitch is usually more playful. The food is also really good, and the special juice is so yummy. DS also really likes the little parade the kids do around the restaurants with maracas.

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've done both many times and have had great meals every time, but if I had to choose between them, I'd go with Ohana. There is more variety at Chef Mickeys, but I think the atmosphere is more relaxed at Ohana and I like that the food is brought to your table :).

10. Ariel on Land

Ariel on Land DIS Veteran

'Ohana it is, then!!! :) The comment about the nose picking really wins points!!! :crazy2::rotfl2:

Although is a 10:30 ADR going to keep us there forever? Should we pick an earlier time?

Thanks!!

11. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Between the two, O'Hana wins hands down for us.

12. PrincessSamanthaC

PrincessSamanthaC Mouseketeer

We love Ohana! :)

13. scrappinannie

scrappinannie Mouseketeer

We are going to Ohana for the first time in October. Just made the ADR this morning:teeth: and we are really looking forward to it! Have done CM in the past and while I don't have a huge gripe against it, we are looking forward to something different.