BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if I can purchase a half gallon of milk and flavored coffee creamer at the resort or do I need to go to a shopping service?

I usually grab a handful of creamers from the PM or RIX cafe and take them back to the room.

Sorry, I dont' think they had flavored creamer. You may want to pick some up if you really want a certain flavor. I know I need my hazelnut creamer in additon to regular!

Thanks, sorry one more question! Do you know if I can purchase it anywhere on property we will not have a car?

There are Hess's on property you can take a cab to but I'm not sure about flavored creamer. When are you going? I can check when I go in acouple of weeks.

We will be staying at CSR (1st time) at the end of April. :yay: In the past we have never gotten the dining plan. However.....I have been tossing around the idea of getting the QSDP this time because of the higher prices at PM. Do any of you CSR veterans have a opinion on this? My problem is I am not sure how many times we will eat there or if we will like it. My DH says the menu does appeal to him (he is not a big Disney food fan) but he does like Mexican and Asian food. We always get a rental car and tend to eat off-site a few times while we are there which we probably won't do if we get the plan. Then we will have snacks and breakfast foods for our room. I am thinking that if we eat there 3 or 4 times then it will be worth it.

Any input to help me make my decision??

We will be staying at CSR (1st time) at the end of April. :yay: In the past we have never gotten the dining plan. However.....I have been tossing around the idea of getting the QSDP this time because of the higher prices at PM. Do any of you CSR veterans have a opinion on this? My problem is I am not sure how many times we will eat there or if we will like it. My DH says the menu does appeal to him (he is not a big Disney food fan) but he does like Mexican and Asian food. We always get a rental car and tend to eat off-site a few times while we are there which we probably won't do if we get the plan. Then we will have snacks and breakfast foods for our room. I am thinking that if we eat there 3 or 4 times then it will be worth it.

Any input to help me make my decision??

I had considered the QSDP myself. I finally decided not to do it beacuse we will spend less money on our own. Not only that, I do not want to be restricted to only eating at the PM every night to justify the value. This is my opinion.

I agree. And although the PM is expensive, the meals are big enough that they can be shared between two thus saving you some money.

86ed1sz.jpg

It's a Sunbeam 4 Cup Coffee Maker and it uses flat bottom, standard 4-cup coffee filters.

Do you have to bring in your own coffee and filters? Or isn't that something provided by the resort on a daily basis?

I have been reading through all the various threads and am getting excited to go! Only 1 more week till we take off!! I read somewhere that there are micorwaves available but you have to ask for one. Is this correct? If so, is there a rental fee? The fridge comes with the room, right? One more question, when should I fax my request for a specific building?

Thanks!

Do you have to bring in your own coffee and filters? Or isn't that something provided by the resort on a daily basis?

It's something that was provided each day. What it is is a packet with a coffee "pod" that you throw in the coffee basket, a couple paks of reg. sugar, couple of Splenda, some dry creamer and a few stirrers. We actually made it but it was more of a starter (not very good), we would go down to the Cafe Rix and fill our refillable mugs with coffee. Don't use the coffee machine in there, go to the counter and ask them to fill, much better tasting.

I have been reading through all the various threads and am getting excited to go! Only 1 more week till we take off!! I read somewhere that there are micorwaves available but you have to ask for one. Is this correct? If so, is there a rental fee? The fridge comes with the room, right? One more question, when should I fax my request for a specific building?

Thanks!

Not sure on the microwave but yes there is a fridge in the room. We didn't fax a request but I believe some people here have suggested a day or 2 before leaving. Have a great time!!

You don't have to bring your own, as stated previously they provide you with coffee pods. However, I prefer to bring my own coffee and filters because it tastes better and I am too grumpy in the morning to walk to the main building for real coffee. :)

Hey everyone, I have a question. We have a king bed room reserved for our stay at CSR in May. I had seen on AllEars.net that there are only around 200 king rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or are they all in one area? Also, is there a possibility of a king bed room with a water view? We would love a view of the lake :lovestruc

Thanks so much! This thread has been so helpful!

Hey everyone, I have a question. We have a king bed room reserved for our stay at CSR in May. I had seen on AllEars.net that there are only around 200 king rooms. Are they scattered throughout the resort or are they all in one area? Also, is there a possibility of a king bed room with a water view? We would love a view of the lake :lovestruc

Thanks so much! This thread has been so helpful!

The king rooms are spread around the resort. They are eventually adding 100 more king rooms. I know there are waterview rooms with king beds (we had one last year), but waterview rooms cost more than a standard.

Thanks!

The microwaves are first come first served. I do not know if there is a charge. There is a microwave in the Pepper Market that you can use. There is a fridge in every room--no charge. I always fax about three days before our trip (and always have our request on our original reservation as well).

Yay! I'm glad to finally have found the CSR FAQ thread again!

I've only been to CSR once (last May) but we will be having our 2nd stay this coming May. Can't wait! :cool1:

Anyway, I'm no CSR expert or anything, but we did fall in love with the place while we were there this past year. I'm happy to share our pictures and any answers I may know. I'm subscribing and I'll check in often.

Thanks, KatMark for your leadership!

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter