BRAND NEW CORONADO SPRINGS FAQ THREAD w/ PHOTOS (PART IV)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Buzz2001, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

"Limited view" is the category for everything other than "water view." You could be facing the parking lot or a courtyard. You can't specify both King and water-view -- the room rates are the same for both categories.

King-bed rooms are only a bookable category at the Moderate resorts. If you booked with a promotion (buy 4/get 3 or free dining or AAA discount, etc), then it's entirely possible that no other King rooms are allocated to that promotion for the time when you'll be there. You can certainly keep checking, as availability changes daily. My husband and I stayed at POFQ for our anniversary last year with the Florida resident rate and I wanted the King bed room. I initially booked CSR because it was the only one available with the King at the Florida resident rate, but kept checking online every day or two and eventually, one opened up at POFQ, and I switched. [Note: I only wanted POFQ for our anniversary trip because we hadn't been there with our children and I wanted to stay somewhere where I wouldn't be thinking about them while we were gone! :rotfl: We :love: CSR! ]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CallTheDoctor76

CallTheDoctor76 Earning My Ears

Thank you for the info! :)

4. mullysisters

mullysisters Mouseketeer

We stayed at CSR in 2008. We selected Ranchos (7b) because it was so far away from the Convention Centre and crowds (thank you to this thread on the boards!) We were on the 3rd floor over looking the quiet pool. It is the best Disney Resort we have ever stayed at! The Ranchos are near to the main pool (1 min walk ) and there is a beautiful, mostly empty, quiet pool. The walk to the main building is so enjoyable. The bus stop, #4, was directly behind our building. The setting was so unlike anything else at Disney. I enjoyed the Pepper Market very much, my sister enjoyed the Mayan Grill a little more.

5. DearDaisyinDurham

DearDaisyinDurham <font color=green>I'm trying not to look at the po

There are fans of each resort b/c they are BOTH great resorts!! Go w/ the theme you think you'll enjoy most! We've stayed at both & our next trip will be at CSR but CBR is fun too!

What I found as a CSR Plus:
    Gorgeous rooms at a mod price
    Superior pool complex

By staying in the Cabanas area you get the best of "beachy" theming too.

Either way, have a wonderful trip!

6. DearDaisyinDurham

:cloud9: Strawberry margarita please!! Frozen!! And an hour or two on MY hammock! :goodvibes

7. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Those might be fighting words about "MY" hammock! :lmao::lmao:

8. DearDaisyinDurham

:hug: No, no...I'm quite sure YOUr HAMMOCK is by the Casitas.... MY hammock is by the Cabanas, last one before the Dig Site ;)

9. DearDaisyinDurham

~ MY hammock ~

[​IMG]

Wait! Those people are getting too close to MY HAMMOCK!! Ack!!

[​IMG]

Guard duck, looking out over MY HAMMOCK

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

You are too funny! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
    And you are welcome to TRY the one by Casitas 5 anytime you want...unless I'm in it.

11. DearDaisyinDurham

I promise we'll take pictures for the new thread you're going to start!!

12. NYY2SMP

NYY2SMP Mouseketeer

i have a major question we are going to Disney Aug 16-24 and I would like to know something my mom has been told she has a torn minsichis(hoped I spelled that right) and I would like to know if we could make a request and get it granted to be near the pepper market and el centro so she doesn't have to walk that far as she really doesn't want a ecv. Thanks alot

13. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Minnie&Nana, one of the regular DIS posters, has a phone number for special services which you can call so you can explain that and they can help with getting a room near where you want to be. Unfortunately, Christine (Minnie&Nana) has been sick the last two days and has not been on. I'm going to try to find the phone number but, in the meantime, I am posting your question to her in a PM and hopefully she'll be back here by tomorrow (we miss her!).

14. pixiebran

pixiebran Mouseketeer

I have Lupus which causes me a lot of foot and leg pain, so I was wondering the same thing. If you could pass that information along to me as well, I would REALLY appreciate it :)

15. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Okay, I found the info. I know Christine (Minnie&Nana) will not mind that I copied it here while she is not around:

If your mom has any special need(s), please call Special Resort Needs asap (have your reservation number ready for them): 407-939-7807 # 1 .

These CM's will block a room to be sure any needs your mom may have will be met. They are wonderful and there to help!

Even if she does not require a handicap room, they can help - just explain her needs to them.

Please note this is not strictly for a "mom"...I just copied Christine's previous post answering another DISer.

16. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Okay, guys, as you'll see when I post this, we are on Page 247 of this thread. This thread will close when it reachesh 250 pages. You'll see from another thread that I started, that I've been asked to start a new CSR FAQ Thread (I'm taking a poll to see if you guys want me to or if you think someone else is better equipped). But, in the meantime, if anyone reading this thread is coming back to write a review or post pictures, I'm asking you to open a new thread for the time being. If I decide to star the NEW FAQ thread (which I probably will from the voting so far), I am going to need a couple of days to get it put together. In the meantime, I don't want this thread to be closed before I can at least start the new one. Therefore, questions can be posted here (or started in a new thread as well), but I'd appreciate reviews/pictures be posted separately just for the time being.

Thanks all!

17. arbolita

arbolita DIS Veteran

I definitely think you are more than qualified to start a new thread - and I can't wait for September when I finally have something to contribute!

I do have a related question also - is a week too early to fax in room requests? I know most people suggest 3-5 days, but I only have access to a fax machine at work, and my last day at work is the the Wednesday before my wedding, and we aren't leaving for Disney until the following Tuesday.

18. Tinker_Belle

Tinker_Belle DIS Veteran

Without a doubt! :thumbsup2

Thanks for everything so far!

19. MarkinNM

MarkinNM NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Kat go for it, just PLEASE put the vitals in the begining, maps, locations of bus stops, building placements and those WONDERFUL pics ect.....:thumbsup2

20. momma2kiddos

momma2kiddos Mouseketeer

We had the same experience in March! Most of the bus got off at either Pop or CBR but it was only my little "party" (me, dd11 and ds 5 months) and another 3 person family that got off at CSR!

21. TYMAN

TYMAN Mouseketeer

I can do that! :) I'll tell Jackie at the bar to make me a "special" Margarita just for Ms. Daisy! Having an adult beverage for someone is my specialty! :drinking1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.