Boys at Disney

Luv2DressEmUp

Mouseketeer
My Sister is taking her DS to disney and was asking me about "special activities" that boys would enjoy. I know about all the princess teas etc but don't have a son so I wasn't sure what to tell her. Any of you mommas with disney boys out there have any suggestions?

They have a pirate cruise and a jesters cruise. If you do a search you can find out more about them. They go on these cruises by themselves so I don't know if that is what you are looking for. We've never done them since we are not comfortable leaving the kids but I have never heard anything bad about them. HTH.

I know both boys and girls enjoy:

* kidcot fun stops in Epcot
* making cookies in Epcot (the Land - think you have to be 5)
* collecting autographs and pics w/characters
* making/collecting pressed pennies from the pressed penny machines
* getting a special Disney tattoo or face painting
* pin trading
* character meals
* conquering all the mountains at MK (if tall/brave enough)
* checking out every available arcade (think there is a super one in ESPN Club on Boardwalk)
* riding surrey bikes and playing midway games at Boardwalk
* playing midway games at AK
* playing with the Lego building stations at DTD
* see if there is P&PP or MNSSHP or MVMCP when they are there
I am sure they will have a great time!

Tom Sawyer's Island has lots of adventure that is appropriate for both boys and girls, but I can imagine boys especially!

BBB has a "cool dude" package where they get their hair gelled/styled with some sort of color or confetti in it.

Captain Jack Sparrow is doing pirate tutorials...very boyish.

Tom Sawyer's Island has lots of adventure that is appropriate for both boys and girls, but I can imagine boys especially!

BBB has a "cool dude" package where they get their hair gelled/styled with some sort of color or confetti in it.

Captain Jack Sparrow is doing pirate tutorials...very boyish.

Does anyone know the cost of the "cool dude" at BBB? My ds is very upset that his cousins get to goto BBB, I din't know they had anything for boys!! Thanks, he will be very excited!

My DS5 enjoyed Tom Sawyer Island at MK, Dino Dig at AK, Disney Quest, the robot race at Innoventions in EPCOT, fast rides (Test Track was his fav), arcade at Pizza Planet at MGM, the waterparks, and breakfast at Ohana with Lilo & Stitch. I wanted to have his hair done at BBB, but when he saw all the little princesses, he had a fit and said he wasn't going to a beauty shop. :sad2: The Harmony Barbershop at MK will style and do cool colors and Hidden Mickey's. We didn't manage to get there during our trip, but it might be a better choice for a boy if he's interested in having his hair done.

I was talking with a CM on the phone the other day, and she mentioned that they have both princess and pirate events. The pirate events she said were more geared towards boys. The pirate cruise was a boat ride, followed by a treasure hunt. It runs I think 3-4 days a week, and starts at a different resort each time. It is a child-only program-- the adults get left behind, I believe. I think she said it was about $30, and lasted about 1.5-2 hours. Call Disney to confirm all this, though-- I was making arrangements for my DD, so the boy-oriented stuff I didn't really pay attention to!

:flower3:

You can also go fishing out at Port Orleans Riverside. Cane pole fishing is relatively cheap off the dock out there. They stock the river, so the fishing is supposed to be pretty good.

My son LOVES Sci Fi Drive in (my daughter does too - girls tending to be a little more adaptable to "boy stuff" than boys are to "girl stuff.")

We've done the pirate cruises from Y&BC and from Grand Floridian. I think they age out fairly quickly (my son loved it at five, and was almost too old at seven already). They are expensive, but a lot of fun.

There are a BUNCH of rides that are much more "boyish" than "girlish" - Test Track and Dinosaur and Buzz Lightyear and those stupid cars in Tomorrowland (my son loves them - we avoid them).

For older kids of both genders, there is horseback riding out of Ft. Wilderness - its easy trail rides, nothing challenging. There is also a nine hole fairly easy golf course. Plus two minigolf courses. Mouseboats.

Our ds3 likes the Harmony barbershop...just get there early or the wait can be long...it may be cheaper than BBB. I know it is $14 for a cut and includes the gel. You can also rent speed boats and Boston Whalers for a reasonable price and ride around Bay Lake (the water outside of MK, FWL, FW, COntemporary) We really enjoyed that! It was $37.00 for a half hour trip for all four of us! I forgot to mention...he can meet Lightening McQueen and Mater in MGM...life size! They are great!

According to this site (click on theme parks) the BBB "cool dude" package is only $10. I might be wrong...

I have one of those boys that love, love, love girls. So anything he can do to be around girls (BBB) will be something he'd love! LOL. Obviously all boys are different and I know a lot of boys refuse to do anything "girl-like".

DS did the pirate cruise at GF when he was 7 and really enjoyed it. He also loves innoventions in epcot. He enjoys the house with the fire saftey game, and the build your own robot race.

My son really liked Disney Quest. He really wanted to try it so I took him, just him and I. It had every single video game you could imagine. They had games you could ride on. He could have spent the whole day there!

How old is your nephew??

My son at 4 enjoyed grand adventures in cooking at the GF. I think he'd still enjoy it now (6). They "cooked" (decorated) cookies, made aprons, etc.

Does anyone know the cost of the "cool dude" at BBB? My ds is very upset that his cousins get to goto BBB, I din't know they had anything for boys!! Thanks, he will be very excited!

Not sure what the cost is but at the MK's Barber Shop they can also get colored gel in their hair and 'cool dude' haircuts/styles. I would imagine it is less expensive but I am not sure. My oldest ds loves getting his hair done at MK.

I have 3 boys now. When we last visited WDW we only had 2... :teacher: They were 6 and 2.5 when we went last. Although I do/did feel that there were many more girl things to do when we first went when the boys were younger, but they have found their own niches at the parks... Here are some of the rides/attractions they enjoyed: Test Track, Stunt Cars at MGM, the movie lot tour (or whatever its called), Stitches Wild Ride and Buzz Light year - seeing the characters were great - as we have our a little stitch of our own - DS4. Dino Dig, Jurassic Park for the older ones, Pirate of the Carribean of course, Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson, Food stops such as: Pizza Planet, Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickeys.... so many other great things are also aimed for boys! Just look beyound the pink and the frills and you will see more boy stuff! Lego land is fun too! Hope this helps!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter