Boycott Starbucks in Magic Kingdom

Walt's participation in the 1964 World's Fair showed his acceptance of Corporate partnership, which goes on to this day on attractions (Test Track) , food/drink, etc. Believe I see and am not offended by Siemens sponsorship of Illuminations, and have taken a break in Club Cool. No problem with any branding done in WDW and think such talk of boycotting is misguided and a total waste of time.

I will miss the Main Street Bakery, but will be happy for a decent cup of coffee. Agree with previous posters that sponsorship and partnership has been at WDW from day one, so I'm not bothered by that. My big concern is that my Starbucks will taste like the Orlando water, which tastes nasty to me. Guess we'll see...

We disagree with this completely. We are looking so forward to it opening to have a real cup of coffee. It has been so difficult to get a good cup of coffee. Yes, there are a very few exceptions. I understand being die hard Disney fans. Our family is one of these, but boycotting this seems extreme.

I need the like button:thumbsup2, this will have to do.

I for one am happy to support Starbucks. This year they were ranked as one if the most ethical companies in the world by the Ethisphere Institute. They have many fair trade options and reportedly pay above-market rates for their coffee to ensure people are paid well for their labour. Plus the coffee is way better than Nescafe. I'm not sure where all the hate for this company stems from.

I have no plans for us to visit the Starbucks in any of the parks but that is due to the fact that DD14 and DS11 down Venti Vanilla Bean Frappucinos like water and will ask for seconds.

You know it's bad when the Starbucks people in the Barnes and Noble know who you are.;)

I have no plans for us to visit the Starbucks in any of the parks but that is due to the fact that DD14 and DS11 down Venti Vanilla Bean Frappucinos like water and will ask for seconds.

You know it's bad when the Starbucks people in the Barnes and Noble know who you are.;)

Gottcha! They know our family by name here and what we order. ;)

Wow. Boycott? Really?

Walt Disney World is one big corporate commercial. Everything there is sponsored by some big conglomerate. Just gimme my latte, who cares?

I was under the impression that the Main Street Bakery wasn't going away, but would be sponsored by Starbucks and serve Starbucks products. And if the one at DCA is any indication the theming will still fit in with Main St.

Boycott if you want. That will make the line for my tall iced white chocolate mocha - no whip- shorter. :thumbsup2

Absolutely Agree! But, I think we are going to have a lot of company in that line.

I wonder why they aren't opening all four locations immediately. This is the surest thing in the history of sure things. They will print money.

I was under the impression that the Main Street Bakery wasn't going away, but would be sponsored by Starbucks and serve Starbucks products. And if the one at DCA is any indication the theming will still fit in with Main St.

And you're absolutely right about this. They're not even removing all of the Disney baked goods. There will be some space devoted to Starbucks stuff, but there will still be plenty of Disney food items as well.

Heck nooooooo!!! I love Starbucks coffee and love it that I can now get it at the place I most love. But as long as you're boycotting there will be a shorter line for me.

I don't even drink Starbuck's but who cares if they are in the parks? :surfweb: Many restaurants, events, attractions, etc are sponsored or they wouldn't exist. Disney is a business....bottom line....and a very good one at that. This allows for some people's need to be met and some of us to walk by....just like any other offering in the parks.

I for one am thrilled. This is the marriage of two of my favorite things and I can't wait until the Epcot location opens! (I don't go to MK much and I bet it will be swamped for the first 6 months.) For anyone concerned that it "ruin the magic," take a look at these photos from the DLR location. For anyone who is upset at the "corporate sponsorship," I guess you also boycott Club Cool (the Coke place) inside Epcot, as well as Illuminations ("brought to you by Sylvania, a Siemens company"), as well as others.

Starbucks is a huge improvement on the brown water they currently pass as coffee at Disney. The Joffrey's stands were really hit or miss when it came to espresso-based drinks, and they don't always offer a diary alternative. I will be very excited to get an afternoon soy caramel macchiato while enjoying Disney.

Heck nooooooo!!! I love Starbucks coffee and love it that I can now get it at the place I most love. But as long as you're boycotting there will be a shorter line for me.

LMAO Agree completely! A good Carmel frappe in the world will be wonderful!!

And you're absolutely right about this. They're not even removing all of the Disney baked goods. There will be some space devoted to Starbucks stuff, but there will still be plenty of Disney food items as well.

That is fantastic to hear. It will be quite nice to get Starbucks drinks in WDW... But only that! I hope it pretty much stays MSB with a Starbucks coffee machine, lol. But I don't think that's likely. I hope they don't over do it. Besides the atmosphere of a Starbucks does not come close to the atmosphere of MSB! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is fantastic to hear. It will be quite nice to get Starbucks drinks in WDW... But only that! I hope it pretty much stays MSB with a Starbucks coffee machine, lol. But I don't think that's likely. I hope they don't over do it. Besides the atmosphere of a Starbucks does not come close to the atmosphere of MSB! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is going to stay MSB just with serving strabucks instead. The atmosphere will still very much be MSB. We have it here in California Adventure and its a disney shop....that just happens to sell starbucks coffee. The cups are strabucks cups but they are "disneyfied" to fit in with the atmosphere. Its pretty cool.

I really think having a chain coffee provider in the park is an insult to the memories of all the faithful Disney park fans. I have nothing against Starbucks coffee but I do take issue with the way they have been welcomed inside the park. I think it would have--should have been stipulated that their products NOT their brand be implemented inside the park. That said I think we should all boycott the new Starbucks located at the Magic Kingdom.

You know, I go to Disney World for the special things, the attractions, and the entertainment. I could care less who is sponsoring those. The Flower and Garden Festival was presented by HGTV. The Food and Wine Festival is presented by Chase (I had to look those two up).

The truth of the matter is we wouldn't have some of these things at Disney World without corporate sponsorship. Having one little sign outside the MAIN STREET BAKERY (it's keeping its' name) saying Starbucks ain't going to get my panties in a wad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter