Box Office Discussion

How exactly does Suicide Squad cater to the lowest common denominator? Please explain.

Popcorn comic book movies that cater to 17 years olds with low attention spans and even lower IQs...

The dark knight did it perfectly...the batman franchise and the joker character could have gone out on top there...

Now we have sloppy ben affleck and a bunch of freaks...

Popcorn comic book movies that cater to 17 years olds with low attention spans and even lower IQs...

The dark knight did it perfectly...the batman franchise and the joker character could have gone out on top there...

I can see where you're coming from, but the majority of the people who are excited to see Suicide Squad, are adults. And what about other comic book movies?

I can see where you're coming from, but the majority of the people who are excited to see Suicide Squad, are adults. And what about other comic book movies?

Some of the marvel ones are pretty good...particularly the ironman and captain America movies...

DC has lost its way.

Spiderman is a train wreck on film

Last edited:

The movie appeals to me so I don't know what that says. And why should Batman ever go out. Disney wouldn't do it (they'd have made 5 sequels by now) and neither should any other studio.

Some of the marvel ones are pretty good...particularly the ironman and captain America movies...

DC has lost its why.

Spiderman is a train wreck on film
Oh, Spiderman is (was) made by another studio if I'm not mistaken.

The movie appeals to me so I don't know what that says. And why should Batman ever go out. Disney wouldn't do it (they'd have made 5 sequels by now) and neither should any other studio.

Batman is personal...if you can't do it reasonably right...don't do it.

No more clooneys

Batman is personal...if you can't do it reasonably right...don't do it.

No more clooneys
I couldn't agree more! I didn't care for the last guy either (sorry :flower3: ) but I haven't seen Affleck yet. I think he's OK normally so I'll keep an open mind.

I couldn't agree more! I didn't care for the last guy either (sorry :flower3: ) but I haven't seen Affleck yet. I think he's OK normally so I'll keep an open mind.

Ohhh...might want to skip that exit on the highway then...

Not good...but expected from mr Armageddon

You're happy with this whole justice league angle they're taking?

I would rather watch batman begins re-enacted by the teletubbies...myself
I prefer a dark, lone Batman but if not that go the other way. I have a silly fondness for the TV series and the campy nonsense of Arnold as Mr. Freeze is great fun with the right attitude and maybe a drink or two. ;)

A lot of DC nerds have been wanting Justice League stuff and that's OK up to a point. I'm still waiting for a Wonder Woman movie though.

Was gonna post this in new but let me plop it here:

Word is China is banning Ghostbusters due to it promoting cults or superstition. This is the same rule that prevented the first Pirates from showing there. I always found this part of Chinese culture interesting word was they didn't put a Haunted Mansion in Hong Kong due to this ruling instead creating Mystic Manor. Similarly many video games voluntarily alter there games to change ghost and skeletons. This is why the current pirates in Shanghai was a surprise to me with it's abundnace of skeletons and superstition.

If true this will definitely hurt it's box office impact, which is sad for a movie which already has a difficult path ahead of it.

Was gonna post this in new but let me plop it here:

Word is China is banning Ghostbusters due to it promoting cults or superstition. This is the same rule that prevented the first Pirates from showing there. I always found this part of Chinese culture interesting word was they didn't put a Haunted Mansion in Hong Kong due to this ruling instead creating Mystic Manor. Similarly many video games voluntarily alter there games to change ghost and skeletons. This is why the current pirates in Shanghai was a surprise to me with it's abundnace of skeletons and superstition.

If true this will definitely hurt it's box office impact, which is sad for a movie which already has a difficult path ahead of it.

Ok...I'll admit it...

...I wasn't digging it. Try to be objective but it's too classic for me to make that jump.

Just is

My weekend box office predictions:

I am doing it I am putting Ghostbusters at #1. I feel like the buzz for this movie has totally been negative. However, this past week it has received more positive reviews and has actually convinced me to actually see the movie. I am a huge Ghostbusters and originally refused to see this movie because I thought it was going to taint everything about the original. But, I have turned around and I have a feeling some others will turn around too.

1. Ghostbusters - $60MM
2. The Secret Life of Pets - $55MM
3. Finding Dory - $14MM
4. The Legend of Tarzan - $12MM
5. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - $10MM

He can't sell it in my opinion...but i'm a very harsh batman critic

I still don't get why they don't do one actor for Bruce Wayne and another actor for Batman. I thought Christian Bale was a fantastic smarmy Bruce Wayne, but I couldn't stand his rubber armor plated Bats. The worlds greatest detective did no actual detective work in the Nolan-verse.

While I admit I haven't seen Batman v Superman yet, to me, Affleck just looks awesome in the cowl. Probably a mix of a better jawline and a better looking suit (in my opinion). Also, I've heard Affleck is more detective-y. Not a fan that he played a "lost" Batman, but that's not his fault. He had to work with the script he was given. I also don't like the idea of his Bruce Wayne...the trailers make him seem angry all the time. I'm super excited for his solo Batman film though.

What about Affleck do you think doesn't work as Batman? (Not sure if you want to PM me about this, since it's kind of derailing the thread).

My weekend box office predictions:

I am doing it I am putting Ghostbusters at #1. I feel like the buzz for this movie has totally been negative. However, this past week it has received more positive reviews and has actually convinced me to actually see the movie. I am a huge Ghostbusters and originally refused to see this movie because I thought it was going to taint everything about the original. But, I have turned around and I have a feeling some others will turn around too.

1. Ghostbusters - $60MM
2. The Secret Life of Pets - $55MM
3. Finding Dory - $14MM
4. The Legend of Tarzan - $12MM
5. Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - $10MM

Good luck on that top estimate (I don't see really much likelihood it gets there) - if you haven't read the Richard Roeper review, you probably should before you plunk down the money. He has zero skins in the game and calls movies like he sees them...
http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/ghostbusters-reboot-a-horrifying-mess/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter