Bounceback Offers?

RachelsMommie

Bring Back the Cookie Boat!
I have some questions about bounceback offers, and am hoping someone here can help me.

1. Are people getting bounceback offers right now? Our last 2 trips, we had bounceback offers in our room...not sure what's being offered now.
2. What do bounceback offers typically entail? For example, we booked the 40% off deluxe room deal...would a bounceback offer be a % off for next year?
3. If you DO book a bounceback offer, and then something happens and you need to cancel, does it follow the usual cancellation policy for Disney where you get your money back if you're >45 days out?

Thanks!
Kristi

Other DISers have posted that the BB offer going on now is for:

Get 20% off a Select Disney VALUE Resort: 1/3-1/14/2010, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-11/23, 11/28-12/24/2010

Get 35% off a Select Disney MODERATE Resort: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-11/23, 11/28-12/24/2010

Get 40% off WILDERNESS CABINS: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-11/23, 11/28-12/24/2010

Get 40% off a Select Disney DELUXE Resort: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-11/23, 11/28-12/24/2010

Get 45% off a Select Disney DELUXE VILLA Resort: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-9/30/2010 (Offer excludes 3 bedroom grand villas).

(Different rooms might get different flyers, but you can usually book any of those categories no matter which WDW resort you are staying at when you call the extension 8844 from your room).

JMO, but I think this BB will last until/if Free Dining begins in August, and then the BB will change and be one to be able to book Free Dining for the next years Free Dining dates (a year ahead - for 2011). Then after that one ends in October or so, another room discount BB will start that will include some 2011 dates.. but again, that is just my imaginings :laughing:

And also yes, you can cancel and modify a BB res just like a regular res.

I have some questions about bounceback offers, and am hoping someone here can help me.

1. Are people getting bounceback offers right now? Our last 2 trips, we had bounceback offers in our room...not sure what's being offered now.
2. What do bounceback offers typically entail? For example, we booked the 40% off deluxe room deal...would a bounceback offer be a % off for next year?
3. If you DO book a bounceback offer, and then something happens and you need to cancel, does it follow the usual cancellation policy for Disney where you get your money back if you're >45 days out?

Thanks!
Kristi

It is 6 days (I always thought it was 5 days but told 6 when we booked) if a room only. If you book a package, then 45 days. The above post has what our offer was last week. Also, WDW emailed the offer (as a bounceback so if no email received during stay out of luck) When I changed our nov/dec reservation to the bounceback rate, the CM I got for some reason needed my current res. number as well. I called 8844 from the phone in the room so I assume they knew were I was calling from.

bummed. we just stay at WL and had nothing offered! :confused:

We did not have anything in the room either. We received EMAILs regarding the bounceback though. Really not that great since if I didn't know of the bounceback from this site and my daughter didn't get her email we would have never known either! Nothing in the room but yes, a bounceback. It seems WDW likes secret discounts lately. The bounceback and also (nothing to do with the bounceback just any unknown and not told to us disounct) the AP 20% off most stores in WDW. We found out about that extension (not when we purchased the 3 APs on Feb 5) but at one of the stores in EPCOT. Why have discounts avail and NOT tell the people that should be using them.

to book BB? Does it have to be done within the days of the trip or can it be done within a few days of returning home? Question revolves around the email - if you get an email while away and only get it when you return home, can you then book the BB or is it too late because your trip is over?

to book BB? Does it have to be done within the days of the trip or can it be done within a few days of returning home? Question revolves around the email - if you get an email while away and only get it when you return home, can you then book the BB or is it too late because your trip is over?

Yes, to book a bounceback and all the same rules. you have to book while there etc. It was the same as the offer I saw posted here. I did get an email before we left for WDW asking if we wanted emails to continue or stop while away. Well, if you didn't say to stop them, they continued. I guess for those online or with blackberries. Well, I never told them to stop so that's what I got. My daughter does have a blackberry and did get the email while there, I saw mine when home. I did book the bounceback based on the fact that I knew the ext. 8844 and the code. You still had to book while there according to the email.

Yes, to book a bounceback and all the same rules. you have to book while there etc. It was the same as the offer I saw posted here. I did get an email before we left for WDW asking if we wanted emails to continue or stop while away. Well, if you didn't say to stop them, they continued. I guess for those online or with blackberries. Well, I never told them to stop so that's what I got. My daughter does have a blackberry and did get the email while there, I saw mine when home. I did book the bounceback based on the fact that I knew the ext. 8844 and the code. You still had to book while there according to the email.

So can you just call the ext when there and find out if there is a bounceback attached to your name?

So can you just call the ext when there and find out if there is a bounceback attached to your name?

I guess you can try. I didn't do that. I just called the 8844 (before my daughter even receiving the email and me seeing mine) to book a bounceback without the flyer. I did know the code and phone number from being posted on disboards. The Ext from the room is 8844 and the code was okr. They did want my current res. number as well to book the bounceback, they said they got it from the front desk (who knows they did know all my other info from my phone number including the res number of the future stay that I was changing to bounceback)

The reason I mentioned the email is that I had never heard of anyone getting one for a bounceback while still there (and having to book while there like a regular bounceback) I guess with all the blackberries and people being online on vacation, maybe WDW is doing this as well. Can't tell you why the email but both my daughter and I received one (each of us had a reservation las Feb 5-12 in seperate rooms)

The BB offers are usually on flyers in guests resort rooms or on the room TV info. If you don't see one while you are there, call extension 8844 BEFORE you check out to see what/if BB is currently available. Some DISers have reported calling the 1-407 number on the flyer right after they returned home to complain they did not receive a flyer and were able to book after the CM verified that they had been a recent guest, but I wouldn't count on that happening ;)

Here's a copy of one of the current BB flyers as posted by DISer "Rootskate" (thanks to Rootskate for posting it) so you can see what it looks like. Different resorts seem to get different flyers, but you should be able to book any available category, no matter where you are presently staying:

Just returned yesterday from a couple of days at POP Century. I am sure this has been posted before but just figured I would let anyone know who was wondering if the bounceback is still going on. I looked for an expiration date but didn't see one.

jan2010008.jpg

jan2010006.jpg

jan2010007.jpg

jan2010006.jpg

*EDITED TO ADD - not on the flyer shown, but when you call the extension 8844 from your room to book, you can also choose from these BB offers:

Get 40% off a Select Disney DELUXE Resort: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-11/23, 11/28-12/24/2010

Get 45% off a Select Disney DELUXE VILLA Resort: 1/3-1/14, 1/18-2/11, 2/15-3/27, 4/11-7/1, 7/5-9/30/2010 (Offer excludes 3 bedroom grand villas)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter