Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

I booked 3 rooms with my BB earlier this month!

Next August my DD and I are going for 10 nights. My cousin (who will need 2 rooms) will also be there for the first 5 nights. I booked 3 rooms with my BB offer earlier this month - 1 10 night room under my name and 2 - 5 night rooms under her and one of her adult kids' names.
Love it!

I just returned from a weekend staying at Gran Destino. I have booked bounce backs in the past and have already had my travel agent book 2 stays off of this bounce back. We really wanted to book WL for next July, but she couldn’t find any availability in June or July. Has anyone had any luck with booking WL for next summer off of this offer?

Also, I was just reading over the first post on this thread. There was mention of possibly being able to book for other family members from my offer. My whole family is planning to go with us next summer (14 total). We would need 4 rooms. Does anyone know if I can book for them? I always assumed I had to be on the reservation to make that work, but after reading the first post, I’m wondering if that isn’t necessarily the case. Can anyone speak to that?
Just got back from 2 weeks at the WL. Called while there to book any 10 nights at the WL with the bounceback offer. Nothing was available for all of September 2024 for 10 nights. I could get a WL fireworks view room for 4 nights. Only resorts with availability were the AK Lodge, POR, Coronado, and the CR. Ended up booking the CR just to secure a room with the offer. I’m going to periodically call back to see if anything else becomes available as it can be modified. I don’t plan on staying at the CR, if nothing comes of the bounce back, I’m sure other discounts will come out (maybe not as good) and I’ll cancel and rebook elsewhere. The agent I talked to said the rooms for the bounce back offer were pretty limited now. Kind of disappointing.

Just got back from 2 weeks at the WL. Called while there to book any 10 nights at the WL with the bounceback offer. Nothing was available for all of September 2024 for 10 nights. I could get a WL fireworks view room for 4 nights. Only resorts with availability were the AK Lodge, POR, Coronado, and the CR. Ended up booking the CR just to secure a room with the offer. I’m going to periodically call back to see if anything else becomes available as it can be modified. I don’t plan on staying at the CR, if nothing comes of the bounce back, I’m sure other discounts will come out (maybe not as good) and I’ll cancel and rebook elsewhere. The agent I talked to said the rooms for the bounce back offer were pretty limited now. Kind of disappointing.
Thanks for the information. I booked BC and Gran Destino for now. Really hoping for WL to open up, but not counting on it.

OP here. Before 2020 and the hiatus of bouncebacks, you could book up to 3 rooms total, as long as YOU were traveling and the dates and resorts coincided (i.e., same resorts and same dates). If you canceled, then the offer would not apply to anyone else because you are the one bouncing back.

Since this offer restarted last month, we have not had anyone yet call to see if they can book more than one room. If you call, please post about what you find out.
I booked 2 rooms with a BB for 2024, one for my family and one for my parents.

Got home on Friday from a trip, so I called tonight to book the Bounceback. I was interested in 2 dates and the CM was great about checking options for me. I thought I was pretty clear upfront and told her that I wanted room only and not a ticketless package. She acknowledged, asked about the trip insurance (which I declined) but she wasn’t pushy about it. When we got to the final stages of booking, she mentioned the tell tale sign of a $200 deposit. I told her no, I didn’t want a package and she stated that this wasn’t a package. When I pushed further, she said she needed to put me on hold and check and to “re-do everything”. She was also pushy at this point about how the ticketless package was better. I held firm, lol!

She wasn’t rude but her friendliness level dropped by a significant amount. After a hold of about 15 minutes, she came back and had switched everything over to room only. I honestly don’t care about a bit of coolness from a CM, but I felt it was a little dishonest when I told her what I wanted up front (and even explained that I know I’ll be paying a higher deposit). It may have been a simple oversight or lack of understanding but reading through this thread, they are pushing the packages (maybe for incentives).

At any rate, stand your ground when you want a room only! I was prepared to hang up and call back for a different CM, but glad that it didn’t come to that. Just wanted to share my experience. Good luck!
Sounds pretty similar to my experience. I was very upfront that I would not be purchasing a package because I had a 2 night DVC stay prior to my bounceback dates, and I told her that I would be purchasing tickets separately to coincide with those nights too. She seemed all on board and friendly, checking the different hotel options I wanted priced out, etc. Then quoted the $200 deposit. I reiterated that I wanted room only with the first night's deposit and she disappeared for about 5 minutes to "check" and then "redid" everything. She said booking it her way would be easier to add tickets later. Again I had to explain that I wanted my tickets to start 2 days earlier and would buy them later 🤦‍♀️
Wonder what their incentive is for pushing the ticket less package so hard.

OP here. Before 2020 and the hiatus of bouncebacks, you could book up to 3 rooms total, as long as YOU were traveling and the dates and resorts coincided (i.e., same resorts and same dates). If you canceled, then the offer would not apply to anyone else because you are the one bouncing back.

Since this offer restarted last month, we have not had anyone yet call to see if they can book more than one room. If you call, please post about what you find out.
I found out today that I can book rooms for my family under my bounce back. They must stay within my dates and at the same resort as me. Not sure on my limit. I currently booked a room for my sister and her family, and my parents. Now my other sister is interested, so I’m going to see about getting them a room too.

Thanks for all of the helpful information! This is always my first stop when I have a question about things like this that aren’t published.

I found out today that I can book rooms for my family under my bounce back. They must stay within my dates and at the same resort as me. Not sure on my limit. I currently booked a room for my sister and her family, and my parents. Now my other sister is interested, so I’m going to see about getting them a room too.

Thanks for all of the helpful information! This is always my first stop when I have a question about things like this that aren’t published.
I’m pretty sure the max BB reservations you can book is yourself plus 2 other rooms so not sure if you can get another but worth asking.

Interesting to hear you were told they had to be at the same resort. That’s not a criteria I’ve heard of before.

I’m pretty sure the max BB reservations you can book is yourself plus 2 other rooms so not sure if you can get another but worth asking.

Interesting to hear you were told they had to be at the same resort. That’s not a criteria I’ve heard of before.
I’m going to call again tomorrow and ask about the same resort criteria too.

Do you know how it works since my husband and I were both on trip that made us eligible for the bounce back, can he book 2 other rooms and I book 2, or is it just 2 additional total between the two of us?

Do you know how it works since my husband and I were both on trip that made us eligible for the bounce back, can he book 2 other rooms and I book 2, or is it just 2 additional total between the two of us?
I honestly don't know. It's worth calling to ask and if first person says, 'no', might be worth a second call just to check. I'm pretty sure it's 3 total but honestly not sure why I think that. Can't hurt to ask.

I’m going to agree with @scrappinginontario and say it’s only 3 total - UNLESS your husband had a separate reservation. I think the general rule is that the BB offer is per reservation not per person, but who knows? Disney may be perfectly happy taking more $ and allow you to book more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I booked the offer for mid September 2024 at All Star Sports. Was told AS Music and AS Movies had no standard rooms available for mid September. Was connected with an agent who pushed preferred room and paid dining plan and automatically included them in the quote without breaking it down first or explaining she had included upgrades. Perhaps just her sales approach. As always, consider a trusted and experienced T.A. like Dreams or an agent you've used in the past if dealing with pushy on the phone isn't in your comfort level or you don't know what a usual or fair quote should be your hotel. Of course, that's if the agent can actually move quickly to call and book within your 7 day return window. I anticipate better offers to drop in the next 6 to 8 months but this is a good fall back to have esp before regular price increases hit again.

I honestly don't know. It's worth calling to ask and if first person says, 'no', might be worth a second call just to check. I'm pretty sure it's 3 total but honestly not sure why I think that. Can't hurt to ask.
They said it’s only 3 because we are all linked together, so it won’t work to book under my husband. I sent an email last night explaining the situation, kindly asking if they would allow me to book just one more room for my other sister. I’m waiting to hear back. I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Just booked a bounceback. Got BWI for 5 nights. 4800 for family 4 with 4 day hoppers. Wanted cl but only GF or cottage rooms at BWI (only holds 2) had cl available with the promo.

Got a bounce back email and it says "up to 30%". Is there a tiered discount depending on resort or is it more complicated than that - would be looking at CSR probably unless it was a better deal and worth it for a deluxe.... is there a way to know without calling?

Got a bounce back email and it says "up to 30%". Is there a tiered discount depending on resort or is it more complicated than that - would be looking at CSR probably unless it was a better deal and worth it for a deluxe.... is there a way to know without calling?
I would recommend reading pist 1 and running the numbers for your options. Percentages are based on where you book.

The bounceback is really a great deal. I just booked Coronado club level for 30% off for July 2024. I had not read this thread first so I ended up with a basic package instead of room-only (we have APs). But I think I will leave it as a package because we will use the free mini-golf voucher. Is there any other downside besides the cancellation policy being 30 days instead of 5 days? (I don't mind the cancellation policy). The price of the room is the same either way, right?

The bounceback is really a great deal. I just booked Coronado club level for 30% off for July 2024. I had not read this thread first so I ended up with a basic package instead of room-only (we have APs). But I think I will leave it as a package because we will use the free mini-golf voucher. Is there any other downside besides the cancellation policy being 30 days instead of 5 days? (I don't mind the cancellation policy). The price of the room is the same either way, right?
No just the deposit and cancellation. Some guest would rather add their ticket choices later than pay upfront.

No just the deposit and cancellation. Some guest would rather add their ticket choices later than pay upfront.
The deposit for the bounce back room only was $200, not a full night room/tax. But, yes, the 30 day cancellation policy. With the "package" - even without tickets, you will get the mini golf vouchers, a discount card for Joffrey's, and luggage tags.

That's awesome you got CL. When I called only GF cl was available. I may have to call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter