Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

Whenever Disney runs a discount be it bounce back , AP, or whatever: they sometimes have only so many designated rooms slotted for the discount…. Or for which one / discount.
Sucks yes but they do it all the time. Once the designated room quota sold out they could still have rooms at a different discount or rack rate. Sometimes they add to the quotas too. You never know.

Whenever Disney runs a discount be it bounce back , AP, or whatever: they sometimes have only so many designated rooms slotted for the discount…. Or for which one / discount.
Sucks yes but they do it all the time. Once the designated room quota sold out they could still have rooms at a different discount or rack rate. Sometimes they add to the quotas too. You never know.
You do never know.

But sometimes you get surprised. This past March, I was staying at POFQ with an AP discount and decided to extend my stay by one day since there was a snowstorm predicted for my home airport. I was not only able to stay in the same room I'd been in for a week, but I was charged the AP discount rate for that one night.

BTW, it never snowed. But I got an extra day at WDW! Cannot complain.

I'm posting this only to point out that sometimes AP discounts are still available the day you get there. That's not the first time something like this has happened for me.

This was a little frustrating when we booked. We wanted to book WL again, but the only rooms for our dates were "fireworks" views which put us like 1K over what a resort view would have been. On a good note, the Beach Club did have resort view rooms for the offer and our dates. We booked that and are pretty happy about it now as we have never stayed at the Beach Club but have at least 6 times at the WL. (Ya, it's our favorite, but maybe it's time we try something new, lol).

Funny for us, Beach Club didn’t have anything available, but YC and BWI were available.

Whenever Disney runs a discount be it bounce back , AP, or whatever: they sometimes have only so many designated rooms slotted for the discount….

I would change that sometimes to always. Discounts are always limited. And they say it right in the details.

Funny for us, Beach Club didn’t have anything available, but YC and BWI were available.

Yep, it really varies by your dates & what you’re looking for. Which is why while it’s good to know what others got, it doesn’t mean that’s what will be available for anyone else. Like every other discount, availability can change at any time. Call & ask, be flexible & remember you can also try & change dates & resorts later.

Last edited:

I would change that sometimes to always. Discounts are always limited. And they say it right in the details.

Yep, it really varies by your dates & what you’re looking for. Which is why while it’s good to know what others got, it doesn’t mean that’s what will be available for anyone else. Like every other discount, availability can change at any time. Call & ask, be flexible & remember you can also try & change dates & resorts later.

Yes. It’s interesting to read what others have got. WL wasn’t available for our dates either. My husband really wanted to try it, but I’m happy with BWI!

Is anyone able to modify their room only, Bounce Back reservation in MDE? My reservation says I have to call to change or cancel and was hoping to add days if availability opens up. Is it an IT thing or way it booked that it's locked? Rep said you could add days if they become open once you lock in the discount.

Is anyone able to modify their room only, Bounce Back reservation in MDE? My reservation says I have to call to change or cancel and was hoping to add days if availability opens up. Is it an IT thing or way it booked that it's locked? Rep said you could add days if they become open once you lock in the discount.
I'm pretty sure you have to call to make any changes or cancellations.

Ok so we are about to book a Bounce back for the Poly for 5 days in August. Whether we do it as a package or room only, I should be paying 35% less for the hotel portion, right? We are using our travel agent, because, why not, but I want to make sure that this will actually get me what I want. Tickets at regular price but hotel at 35% discount.

Last edited:
Ok so we are about to book a Bounce back for the Poly for 5 days in August. Whether we do it as a package or room only, I should be paying 35% less for the hotel portion, right? We are using our travel agent, because, why not, but I want to make sure that this will actually get me what I want. Tickets at regular price but hotel at 35% discount.
That is correct. The 35% discount *ONLY* applies to the room portion. You can look at the hotel potion online and calculate what it would be with the 35% off and then add the full-priced cost of tickets to get what your total would be.

Also, if you have more than 2 adults (18 years or more) in the room, that will be an extra $35 + tax per adult, per night and that's not discounted.

I would also communicate to your TA a back-up in case Poly is not available with a discount.

There are many with questions just like you. We created a thread with links to helpful threads explaining how things work now. You may wish to read the posts on page 1 linked to the, Planning Tips for Your Walt Disney World Trip - Start Here thread.

Rides, shows and more are still included with your price of admission. You can go and have a great time without paying for any of the up charges if you wish.

We are also heading to WDW today. I’m hoping to not need to purchase Genie+ or ILL$ but will if needed. Playing it by ear until we see how crowds are.
I’ve found in the past that anything I call Disney to book initially (like a BB offer), I also need to call to make changes and updates.

Ah, gotcha! That's 6 months away, so it should be bookable now. How is availability at rack rate looking? If it's scarce at rack rate, there likely won't be much availability with a discount.
Disney puts out there DVC rooms 11 months out. I was even thinking about booking the bounce back at the Riviera when I go next month for May 2024 but after I calculated my savings, I got a much better discount renting dvc points. I was able to get a standard studio for four nights in May for $400 per night. Disney's rack rate is 791.50 a night. Even with the 35% discount, ill still save another $700😍 Still looks like plenty of availability with the exception of the tower rooms.

You have always had to call for to book a bounceback or make any changes. There has never been an online option for anything to do with bouncebacks.

Just to give an update on my quest for a bounceback Poly reservation next August, I was told that my preferred dates weren’t available for bounceback but we are able to cobble together a plan where 3 days are deeply discounted and 2 are at rack rate. These go fast!

Just to give an update on my quest for a bounceback Poly reservation next August, I was told that my preferred dates weren’t available for bounceback but we are able to cobble together a plan where 3 days are deeply discounted and 2 are at rack rate. These go fast!

Probably not so much they go fast. More likely it was not available in the first place. Not every room at every resort was available. I booked 2 days after the offer started & my preferred room was not available for Labor Day week, usually the slowest week of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter