Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024/2025!

I feel dumb bc I know this answer is somewhere…but I couldn’t find it.

I have a trip booked Jan 20-26. When I call, will they be able to apply the bounce back offer to the days it applies to, since my whole trip does not apply? Jan 21-25 is what’s listed, so not my first or last day….

I have a trip booked Jan 20-26. When I call, will they be able to apply the bounce back offer to the days it applies to, since my whole trip does not apply? Jan 21-25 is what’s listed, so not my first or last day….
  • Applicable only for select dates. If a day is not included within your stay, you can book it but it will be at rack rate. So, the first day will we rack rate, the rest will be discounted, as long as your room is included in the available inventory for discounts for Jan 21-25.

They can only apply it IF there is availability for your hotel, room type & dates. Just having the room booked does not guarantee you will get the discount.

They can only apply it IF there is availability for your hotel, room type & dates. Just having the room booked does not guarantee you will get the discount.
I know! But I wouldn’t bother if they couldn’t just apply it to those days that are available for the bounce back, since only some of my trip falls under it.

Either way, I’m keeping my dates. Just figure if it’s possible, I might as well try to get a discount :)

We'll be at Disney in August so I plan on booking the BB offer for our April 2024 trip. We're considering another trip in October 2024 but still on the fence. Are BB offer always for the following year? Just thinking if I should book a 2nd BB offer for October 2024 (and cancel if needed) or if I would be able to book a BB offer after our April 2024 trip.

We'll be at Disney in August so I plan on booking the BB offer for our April 2024 trip. We're considering another trip in October 2024 but still on the fence. Are BB offer always for the following year? Just thinking if I should book a 2nd BB offer for October 2024 (and cancel if needed) or if I would be able to book a BB offer after our April 2024 trip.
I would go ahead and book both April and October, just note that only Oct 27-31 are included in the bounceback. If you are going Oct 27-31, I would call to see what is available because it is rare to find discounts in October. In the past, the bounceback in April would cover the same year, through December, so we’re going to assume it’s the same. You can always cancel if you decide not go in October.

My sister is on the phone with Disney right now. We wanted to see if we could get a bounceback rate for our upcoming December 2023 trip--and the CM she's speaking with said that bounceback isn't available for 2023 dates. I didn't realize that.

It's probably on the first page of this thread, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else wasn't aware.

I booked two reservations for next July as part of a split stay. The availability wasn't great. I was wanting Contemporary theme park view and YC resort view. All they had available for Contemporary was a 1 bedroom CL and nothing for YC. We ended up with Grand Floridian and BC. The CM I spoke to expressed surprise that the availability seemed to be so limited and said he wondered if they may be holding some rooms back and would open up more down the line. He recommended I call back periodically to check and see if what I wanted becomes available and confirmed that I could modify the reservations outside of the BB booking window. I'm not super stressed about it. I'll keep an eye out and rebook with other discounts if they become available closer to my dates (come on Disney Visa). Worst case scenario we stick with GF and BC. Not such a bad situation 😉

Long story, short our flight to Orlando for tomorrow morning was canceled, so we’re now driving for our Universal vacation that starts tomorrow. If I were to book a night to stay at Disney since we’re now driving and extending our vacation, would that qualify for a bounce back? Just one night?

It would save us a ton for next summer.

Long story, short our flight to Orlando for tomorrow morning was canceled, so we’re now driving for our Universal vacation that starts tomorrow. If I were to book a night to stay at Disney since we’re now driving and extending our vacation, would that qualify for a bounce back? Just one night?

Yes, one night has been enough in the past as long as it's a WDW-owned resort. It makes you a guest!

Yes, we did this a number of times in the past.

Some examples of rates that we got yesterday on the phone. We haven't booked anything yet.

March 6-13 (I think those were the dates):
AKL, pool view: $3,527.56
POFQ garden view: $1,945.92

May 7-14:
AKL pool view: $3,087.34
POFQ garden view: $1,869.52

December 4-11
AKL pool view: $3,657.70
POFQ garden view: $2,090.02

For comparison purposes, we're staying at POFQ this coming December 5 thru 13 (so that's 8 nights, not 7) with an AP discount: $2,953.29. That's about $369/night (averaged, incl taxes). The bounceback for next December averages out to $298.57/night. We're talking a HUGE difference here, and next year's rack rates must be higher.

Next comparison: We stayed at AKL pool view May 3-10 this year. The total bill for 7 nights was $3,390, averaging out to $484/night. The bounceback for a similar stay in 2024 for 7 nights is $3,087, which averages out to $441/night, $43/night less. Not as impressive as the FQ discount, but the FQ AP discount for 2023 is weak.

Thought these might be helpful. I'm wondering what the 2024 AP discounts will be like, because we'll switch if they're better, but right now the bounceback is looking awesome.

Some examples of rates that we got yesterday on the phone. We haven't booked anything yet.

May 7-14:

December 4-11

For comparison purposes, we're staying at POFQ this coming December 5 thru 13 (so that's 8 nights, not 7) with an AP discount: $2,953.29. That's about $369/night (averaged, incl taxes). The bounceback for next December averages out to $298.57/night. We're talking a HUGE difference here, and next year's rack rates must be higher.

Next comparison: We stayed at AKL pool view May 3-10 this year. The total bill for 7 nights was $3,390, averaging out to $484/night. The bounceback for a similar stay in 2024 for 7 nights is $3,087, which averages out to $441/night, $43/night less. Not as impressive as the FQ discount, but the FQ AP discount for 2023 is weak.

Thought these might be helpful. I'm wondering what the 2024 AP discounts will be like, because we'll switch if they're better, but right now the bounceback is looking awesome.
Just confirming, the prices you’re sharing are only for accommodations, correct? I.e. it doesn’t include tickets?

We book at Pop so trying to compare as the prices you’re sharing for 7 nights is what I’m paying next month for 10 nights at Pop including 7 day PH+ tickets for 2 of us. I would LOVE to stay at AKL but can’t quite justify the cost. Hopefully someday though.

May 7-14:

December 4-11

Thank you! This is super helpful. I suspect that your AP discount did not include every night. For example, the GP discount available for the fall, weekends are at rack rate. I find the transparency of the bounceback refreshing. You know which dates are discounted and which will be at rack rates.

Just confirming, the prices you’re sharing are only for accommodations, correct? I.e. it doesn’t include tickets?

We book at Pop so trying to compare as the prices you’re sharing for 7 nights is what I’m paying next month for 10 nights at Pop including 7 day PH+ tickets for 2 of us. I would LOVE to stay at AKL but can’t quite justify the cost. Hopefully someday though.
Yes, these are room-only prices. We have APs.

Thank you! This is super helpful. I suspect that your AP discount did not include every night. For example, the GP discount available for the fall, weekends are at rack rate. I find the transparency of the bounceback refreshing. You know which dates are discounted and which will be at rack rates.
I'm actually not sure. But the AP discount for FQ for December was something like 15%.

Update
I called two different days during my Disney vacation to book a bounceback for Caribbean Beach. I gave them four different weeks in summer and they had no availability for any category other than a king room for one of those weeks. I called back once I returned home and had more time to talk with someone about the complete lack of inventory (even though everyday is listed under the current offer) in all room categories that sleep 4/5. The representative went through various different start dates during those four weeks and was able to find some availability. I wanted 9 nights which was only available starting July 5th or 6th in a preferred room. Anything else over 7 nights during those 4 weeks was unavailable. We ended up going with a different week in July because we had previously booked a bounceback for the Contemporary theme park view for a night leading into what was our was Riverside but now is Caribbean stay. So we have one night bounceback offer at the Contemporary. Two nights full price standard 5th room sleeper Caribbean Beach. And then 7 nights bounceback Caribbean standard 5th room sleeper. Even though I wasn’t able to get the discount for all the nights I’m still happy that the majority of our stay was discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter