Bought new Canon yesterday

pozey

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I think I would ra
Well, I finally got my Canon Digital yesterday. I got the Canon Rebel XT. :banana:

Now, I guess I need to get out and take some pictures and get used to it before our trip to Disney in May.

Any suggestions on where to look for tips and such?

We just purchased the Canon powershot and absolutely love it. It has 16 different modes,including fireworks. The book that comes with my camera is pretty informative . Try their website for help.

Hi there and congrats on the new memory-making tool. I purchased the 300D about a year ago, knowing full well the 350-XT was coming out, due to the rebates they were offering. I (almost) wish I would have waited to get the XT.

Anyway. The first thing you can do is READ THE MANUAL. It is your friend and to get the most out of your new camera you need to know all its features and how to access and adjust them.

Next, Canon has an excellent introducton/how-to website called photoworkshop that you can get to through their site. There is a link on the right side of the page off of their SLR camera page. I would suggest you visit that site after you read the manual a few times.

Also there are some excellent Canon photography forums available. My favorites are the Canon 300D/350D Forum at the dpreview website and theCanon Digital Photography Forums.

Enjoy your new camera! :tigger:

I have a few tips, as an owner of a 300D and a Rebel G 35mm.

Leave the camera in P (Program AE) mode most of the time. That's best for outdoor shots in daylight and for most indoor shots with flash. It's also good for long-exposure tripod shots at night.

Learn how to change ISO on the fly. That's been the most useful feature of the 300D for me since I bought it, compared to my old Fuji digital or my Rebel G 35mm (I usually leave it on 400 for daylight shots).

Get a pocket-size tripod for long-exposure shots. You might also consider buying the IR remote control (only about $25) so that you can make tripod shots without shaking the camera.

Don't try to learn everything at once. Learn one feature of the camera at a time, then move on to something that builds on what you learned before.

Most of all, don't concentrate too much on the science of photography. Shoot what you see. Sometimes the shot won't turn out, and sometimes it will, but the most import thing is what you see, not how you capture it.

Thanks again for the great tips. WillCAD, I generally shoot most of my shots with my old Canon Rebel in "P" mode, so I will probably continue to do so with this camera.

And I will be searching EBay for the Digital Photography Jumpstart Guide DVD today.

Once again, many thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter