Bottles

disgirlha

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any short cuts for cleaning bottles at the end of the day in a disney hotel besides hand washing. We use Dr. Brown's and there are a lot of parts, I can just see the scene as I try to was 1/2 dozen bottles at midnight with two sleeping babies....AHHHHHHHHH!

Anyone have any secrets out there?:confused3

We just got back and use Dr. Browns - it was really tough cleaning them in the hotel. I have to admit, they weren't as clean as when I wash them at home, but it was only for 2 days. Maybe bring a bottle sanitizer.

I feel your pain - I'll be washing bottles also every night. :sad2:

One suggestion I could give is rice. Put some uncooked rice (up to 1 or 2 oz mark) in the bottle with a little dishwashing liquid and hot water and shake it up. I'm not sure it would work well with the doctor brown's bottles (they do have alot of parts), but it works with other bottles. I have done this on ocassion (mainly when I without a bottle brush and it cleans it pretty well. I actually never thought about doing this on vacation as a time saver. Maybe I'll try it too!!:idea:

No real advice, but if your babies aren't attached, maybe you might look at trying a small starter set of the Playtex bottles that have the disposable liners. All you have to wash is the nipples. They have a variety of different nipples and style designs that are similar to most other baby bottles. It might work for your trip. Also, don't they make small, portable bottle sanitizers? That might work too.

I don't know if you have access to a microwave but if you do, Medela makes these bags that you can use in the microwave to sterilize bottle parts. You can use each bag up to 20 times. Bottles are such a pain! :)

what i did when my son was using bottles was use the platex ones with the liners bring in one bottle and a few extra nipples that way i had the bottle and then just could use a diffrent nipple . i also brought a small bottle brush with me to clean the nipples quickly after he finished drinking so they didnt get all nasty. i used powder formula and that made it easier to carry in my bag i had gotten a small container with diffrent sections ( i think it had 6 ) and you put the powder in it. when you needed to make a bottle just add the water/formula and shake it. i also had him drinking water since it gets Sooo Hot here in florida. The parks now let you chose if you want juice with the kids meals :) I have also used marbles to clean the bottles and denture tablets too . just make sure you rinse really well. Have a great trip !

Does anyone have any short cuts for cleaning bottles at the end of the day in a disney hotel besides hand washing. We use Dr. Brown's and there are a lot of parts, I can just see the scene as I try to was 1/2 dozen bottles at midnight with two sleeping babies....AHHHHHHHHH!

Anyone have any secrets out there?:confused3

Buy a couple of the ones with liners and cut your work way down! :) You still need to clean the nipples but the rest of the bottle just needs a quick rinse.

We used Dr. Browns, too, and took bottle brushes with us on the trip. It wasn't bad since we were staying in a villa with a kitchen. However, I would recommend that if you are anywhere near a Baby Center after your babies have taken their bottles, rinse your bottles out there with the hot water that they have on their dispensers. That really hot water does a decent good job of getting the residual "stuff" off and that way you won't have anything caked on to contend with at the end of the day. The washing in the hotel room sink shouldn't be as bad this way. Good luck!

My son used Dr. Brown's bottles on our last trip.

I brought less bottles than I normally use and make an effort to "rinse" them out ASAP. Even just to rinse them with bottled water right after his feeding. It really made washing them in the evening easier.

I also bring Dawn Dish Wipes to use with the bottle brush. The dish detergent is in the wipe, it's less messy and easy to travel with.

I did make an effort with my second son to get him off the bottle much sooner than I did with my older son, just for our travels! It's so much easier using sippy cups! We switched him right at 12 months, no problem!:goodvibes

I agree with using the Playtex disposables if possible. I use them with my DD and they are so easy. You can just toss the milk bag when done and so much less to clean. My DD will take just about any bottle. We have the Dr. Browns too, but they are so much more to clean. I really dont think they are better than the Playtex. I like the Playtex because you can push the air out of the bottle before feeding and the bag collapses as she drinks so very little if no air. They are so great for travel.

In January, we spent 2 nights at POP and the sink stopper DIDN'T work, but it actually was okay.

I filled the ice bucket with hot, soapy water, used a bottle brush, washed each bottle one at a time, rinsed in the sink with hot water and hung to dry on the bottle rack (we have a Munchkin rack that collapses down and fits nicely).

While it was manageable, boy was I ever glad to get to the DVC 1BR suite after those 2 nights and have access to a dishwasher!! :rotfl:

I washed as I went. I bought a small travel container (3oz) and filled it with my GO Naked by Method dishsoap. I carried that and a small bottle brush in two ziplocks in my diaper bag. After I fed the baby at the baby station, I would hand her off and while someone burped her I would wash and dry the bottle. It didn't take alot of extra time in the parks and it saved me from doing a ton of washing at night. If you do this method, remember to take the brush out at night to dry!

If you don't mind leaving the Browns bottles at home...I think those pre-made bottles with the screw on nipple would be great for travel. I haven't used them, but friends say they are a lifesaver. Just use and toss. I know some people use the Browns because of colic or other problems, so if that's the case you may not want to chance it....just an idea.

Here's another vote for the Playtex bottles w/disposable liners!!!! Those are what I used for DDnow6. I just really like the convenience of them while travelling.

You can also purchase formula in ready sized packets to go...I did that when we traveled sometimes (especially airplanes). That way one never has to measure out formula.

Best of Luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter