Bottled Water

Windy City Heather

DIS Veteran
So, what is the deal with bringing bottled water on the cruise and other drinks. Last year we stopped at the store on the way and picked up a case of water and other drinks. Can we still do this?

I personally don't see the need to buy water. The water is just fine on the ship. We stop for pepsi because they only have coke products and my hubby is strictly a pepsi person.

I personally don't see the need to buy water. The water is just fine on the ship. We stop for pepsi because they only have coke products and my hubby is strictly a pepsi person.

I agree. Plenty of free water at all meals..we drank it every meal...........and nothing wrong with Deck 9 free drinks! Also can be bought at all Ports.

I also cannot understand why people stress about the need to bring crates of bottled water on board:confused3

I am a bottled water person. I don't even drink water from my own tap. My fiancee only drinks gatorade and power aid.

Please don't turn my simple question into a debate!

Yes, you can still bring it on board. They also sell it....although it is on the pricey side. I completely understand the bottled water thing....it's all I drink also.

I like having bottled water simply because I get thirsty overnight, and I'd like to be able to have something to drink immediately instead of having to get dressed and go to the drink station.

We'll probably bring a couple large bottles of water, then refill those as necessary - need the room in our carryons for the wine, beer, and rum. ;)

So, what is the deal with bringing bottled water on the cruise and other drinks. Last year we stopped at the store on the way and picked up a case of water and other drinks. Can we still do this?

We were on the June 15 Mexican Riviera Cruise and were allowed to place a luggage tag on our case of water and the porter took it with the rest of our luggage. We also wrapped the sides with clear packing tape. We never had to lug it anywhere. We also had a rolling cooler (no ice) with beer and wine that we carried with us. This was in LA and you might want to verify that they are letting you do this in Florida. I would probably try it regardless - the most you will be out is less than $5 for the case of water (it's around $40 on board). I know that everyone says the drinking water on board is fine, and it is - I always drink a glass of water at dinner. My family enjoys the convenience of bottled water, we don't drink from our home tap either.

I am a bottled water person. I don't even drink water from my own tap. My fiancee only drinks gatorade and power aid.

Please don't turn my simple question into a debate!

You'll probably find this getting more and more debates because of the "Green" issues that can arise from it. I'm not saying I agree one way or the other, just giving a bit of explanation.

I like having bottled water simply because I get thirsty overnight, and I'd like to be able to have something to drink immediately instead of having to get dressed and go to the drink station.

We'll probably bring a couple large bottles of water, then refill those as necessary - need the room in our carryons for the wine, beer, and rum. ;)

You can have your room steward deliver a pitcher of ice water to your room every night at turn down. We did this and it worked out great. The "frig" in the room doesn't keep anything very cold at all. It was nice having ice water and ice left in our room each night. Just another option.

My family enjoys the convenience of bottled water, we don't drink from our home tap either.

We don't drink straight out of the tap at home either. We have a Pur filter on our frig water. I know the ship filters their water as well. I think it tastes pretty good. But I sure don't see a problem with bringing water on with you.

EVA , I think your response to this issue was very well put. Thanks for putting out a potential fire :thumbsup2

OT: Something I learned from a televised investigative report about bottled water is that there are no laws or mandatory regulations for bottled water. That means it isn't regulated and peeps like myself that likes to stricktly drink bottled water may not even be getting what we feel is our best option for water. But rest assure I have plenty loaded up in my garage. I always read the fine print on the bottle that either says spring or filtered / purified drinking water. Made that mistake once. I think on my upcoming cruise I'll have the steward bring a pitcher of ice water to my room each night like you have suggested. I'm learning so much and its all been very helpful.:grouphug:

Sorry if this is "debating/discusing" but, is there water for free at drinks station or just cola and stuff?
Can you drink form the taps in your room?

Heather I am not suggesting you do this.:)
Just me not wanting to carry water on board, I would rather take wine!

Sorry if this is "debating/discusing" but, is there water for free at drinks station or just cola and stuff?

Hey! Your my kind of person!

I never drink tap water from home either but I find the water from the drink station on Deck 9 to be delicious!!! It is truly filtered many times and has a crisp, clean taste. Water is great in all the dining rooms as well.

As far as the tap in the cabins....don't know, never tried it (other than brushing teeth)!!!

Great debate :love:
No real answers I guess, its personal choice!
We will continue to drink jugs full of water at meals times....It tastes great and its free
And the DH will continue to lovingly take walks to Zoo 9 (sorry Deck 9) to fetch Diet Sodas and fill Walmart travel bottles (hygienically of course) with good old filtered Water for when I wake up parched at 3am *** of too many Adult beverages lol!
And we will continue to pack a 3L wine box for consumption whilst getting dressed on the evenings!
The rest we will buy as we go along *** actually we think its all good value compared to other places in world we have travelled.
But Crates of bottled water, we don't feel are necessary...we don't at home either! Our large fridge has a filter line so I fill 4 500mls botles each day...and cant telll the difference between bought ones and my refill ones lol
And in Disney..don't forget.........the water fountains are cool and free...we have always refilled our bottles when we needed and managed to maintain our 2-3L a day intake without difficulty!

Carry on the wine and use the free water is our idea too:thumbsup2

I never drink tap water from home either but I find the water from the drink station on Deck 9 to be delicious!!! QUOTE]

Thanks, I will be carrying the wine on then!! And get water from drinks dtation.

Here here!!! Bring on the wine!!! Forget the water!!!

Hey, just wanted to mention that my DD24 is now in Scotland for ten days enjoying your lovely country.

They are staying here....

www.boturich.co.uk

Nice place!!! She says it is beautiful!!!!

Great debate :love:
I wake up parched at 3am *** of too many Adult beverages lol!
And we will continue to pack a 3L wine box for consumption whilst getting dressed on the evenings!

Carry on the wine and use the free water is our idea too:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Funny us both being called Lynne.
I have to say I work in edinburgh and the tap water is yuk, I put a splash of juice in it, I have a private spring at home and the water is so nice But if it is drinkable I def wont buy it, everybody to their own .
mmouse

Loch Lomond is lovely, I hope the rain and midges dont waste it for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter