Bottled Water

LParente

DIS Veteran
We aren't renting a car this trip to stop and pick up water on the way from the airport. I'd like to pack some bottled water in my checked luggage. Has anyone had a problem with plastic bottles bursting or anything? I'm bringing along Culligan filter bottles as well, but I'd like to bring bottled.:confused3

I tried this on a recent trip to a conference and had no problems with the bottles staying intact, HOWEVER, my case was over its 50 lb weight limit, so I had to pull some stuff out (papers and books I would need for the conference) and put it in my carryon. If I hadn't, the surcharge would have been very pricey. It made my carryon almost unbearably cumbersome, but it was either that or dump the water as I couldn't have had it in my carryon.

So, yes, it can be done, but pay close attention to the weight-per-item guidelines.

I always do this. I pack a suitcase for me & a suitcase just for water. I fill it until it's just under 50lbs then on the way home I have an extra suitcase for souvenirs.

I also did this on my trip to Egypt.

It works every time. I've never had a problem. :thumbsup2

I was having the same question and finially I found out
on these DisBoards that you can go to DTD and walk across
the Street to Hess Gas Station and buy a Case of water
for around $6.00 a case so that's what we are going to
do. So I won't have to bother with trying to figure out
how to pack them in a check in suitcase.

Just bring an empty backpack or rolling suitcase with you to
DTD and this makes it easier to carry.
We will be staying at POR which has a Boat to DTD
but all resorts have a bus that can take you there.

This is what I found out on the Disboards:
Hess STation is across the Street from DTD West Side.
There is a Large Crosswalk at the section because there
is a Cast Member Parking lot, behind the Station.
Takes about 5 Min. to walk there from Planet Hollywood.
Problem Solved!!:thumbsup2

I have also read on the DISboard that people mail water to themselves. I am not sure on the price, but I was going to check into that. I might look more into the Hes Station option now.
Thanks for the tip.

DO THIS!!!! Mail a case (or two) of bottled water to your resort through STAPLES. I just did it, and it worked out GREAT! If you're a teacher, join their rewards program and get free shipping. If you're not a teacher, add a few more items, and everyone gets free shipping over $50.

I'm a teacher, but spent $60 anyway, because they also have FOOD! This is what I shipped to the resort:

a jug of mini pretzels
Nutrigrain bars
Dole Fruit cups (w/ forks in the lids!)
a package of napkins
Reeses 100 calorie snack packs
2 cases of water

I think that's it! We packed snacks every day to take to the park, and the girls were always starving after swimming!

Just make sure that you indicate that you are a GUEST, and your arrival date and confirmation number.

Good luck!

THANK YOU
I am a teacher assistant. I am going to try for the reward program. How far in advance did you send the package to yourself?

I placed the order on Wednesday, to be delivered on our arrival date, which was the following Monday.

I found it MUCH easier to place this order BY PHONE -- I highly recommend it. Tell the sales associate exactly what you're doing, and he/she will make it work.

You could try a grocery delivery service as well, like Garden Grocer. They deliver to the WDW resorts. Just go online and fill out your shopping list. They have lots of other items, like bottled juices, food, and almost anything else a regular grocery store sells. We've done Garden Grocer many times and it's reliable and a really good service.

The shipping also would work nicely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter