1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Booking VGT category on DVC points

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by forevercruising, Oct 6, 2012.

1. forevercruising

forevercruising Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Hello, all!

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a VGT category rate on DCL with DVC points? Have any of you done it? If so, how does it work (since it is not listed on the points chart)?

Thanks, much! :goodvibes

2. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Good question! I don't know the answer I think the answer is going to be no. I think DVC rooms are available early. There were some DVC member rates offered on poorly selling sail dates this year but they weren't on the VGT rates. I think it was a good deal though. Hopefully someone knows the answer to the question. You could also call member services I guess and ask them. ?

3. keaster

keaster DIS Veteran

Hey there! I answered this post in the DVC forum, but I'll do it again here too! :thumbsup2

DVC points for cruises stay the same as when the point chart comes out, they do not go down (or up) as prices do as the cruise nears.

In terms of the VGT (or IGT or OGT) rates, those are very restricted discounted fares DCL puts out after the paid in full date to fill empty cabins.

In these cases I think you're better off paying with cash as opposed to using points (unless you have points you need to use up).

4. forevercruising

forevercruising Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Yes, I think that is the case, also.

That is my next step! But, of course, by the time I had the question, MS was closed! So, I turn, of course, to the knowledge of those here on the DIS!

Thanks for your reply!