Booking the cruise immediately following the one you're on

betsy918

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done an on board booking for the cruise immediately following the one you're on (essentially deciding to do a back-to-back.) I realize the airline logistics would be tricky and pricey to change your return flights, but would like to know if it's possible, assuming cabins are available.

I'm not sure it's possible. I'm not sure how quickly DCL processes their reservations but DHS requires all ship manifests be filed 3 or 4 (can't remember which) days in advance. So, at the very least, you'd have to be on a 7 day or longer to try.

Interesting question though.

We did this. My daughter got very very sick on a 7 day cruise, and the Ship dr. advised that she NOT fly home - so, we booked a second cruise and did a back to back - we booked the day before the 1st was over.
It was not an ideal situation, however, she did recover, and we were able to enjoy ourselves. IT worked for us, as we had any food we needed, the Dr was 5 mins away (she was seeing him 3-4 times a day) and there was entertainment if we wanted it. The kids club was awesome in that they created her a "play package" she got some playdough, coloring books and crayons, markers, stickers - all to do in the room while she was so sick. It was really nice of them.
I truly think a DCL cruise is the only place you will hear someone say "my pleasure" as they clean up your childs throw up.
So, yes, you CAN book the following cruise while you are on-board, if there is room. We did it.

Lizzy'sMom

I'm not sure it's possible. I'm not sure how quickly DCL processes their reservations but DHS requires all ship manifests be filed 3 or 4 (can't remember which) days in advance. So, at the very least, you'd have to be on a 7 day or longer to try.

Interesting question though.

Not sure if this is true, as my mom joined me on my last cruise as a very last minute surprise. She booked on Saturday for a cruise that left the next day! She booked at 2:30 pm, hopped on a plane at 6:00 pm, and met me at the motel by 9:00! We all sailed away the next day (Wonder to the MR.)

We did this. My daughter got very very sick on a 7 day cruise, and the Ship dr. advised that she NOT fly home - so, we booked a second cruise and did a back to back - we booked the day before the 1st was over.
It was not an ideal situation, however, she did recover, and we were able to enjoy ourselves. IT worked for us, as we had any food we needed, the Dr was 5 mins away (she was seeing him 3-4 times a day) and there was entertainment if we wanted it. The kids club was awesome in that they created her a "play package" she got some playdough, coloring books and crayons, markers, stickers - all to do in the room while she was so sick. It was really nice of them.
I truly think a DCL cruise is the only place you will hear someone say "my pleasure" as they clean up your childs throw up.
So, yes, you CAN book the following cruise while you are on-board, if there is room. We did it.

Lizzy'sMom

Wow! That's quite a reason for doing this last minute. I was just imagining having such a good time that we didn't want to leave (which is how we always feel.)

Server ate my previous post. Yes, you can do it. Yes, it has been done. On one of the TAs, DCL offered a great deal to people who wanted to stay on and do the first Med. Unfortunately, I had done my air privately (if you did it thru DCL, they handled the changes at no additional cost)...and I had responsibilities back at home. It was tempting though.

DHS requires all ship manifests be filed 3 or 4 (can't remember which) days in advance.

That was true right after 9/11 but these days it's only 60 minutes prior to sailing. Presumably they can check the manifests electronically now, so the long lead time is no longer necessary.

Disney will be happy to sell you the next cruise if there are cabins available. We tried to do this on our 4-day Dream cruise last year but there were no cabins left in the category we wanted. But we definitely could have stayed on the ship.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

That was true right after 9/11 but these days it's only 60 minutes prior to sailing. Presumably they can check the manifests electronically now, so the long lead time is no longer necessary.

Disney will be happy to sell you the next cruise if there are cabins available. We tried to do this on our 4-day Dream cruise last year but there were no cabins left in the category we wanted. But we definitely could have stayed on the ship.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

While they pull bookings off the internet 3 days before a cruise you can book the night before--at least if you are a past cruiser.

My wife and I are Cruising on the Wonder to the MR next week and we want to stay on for the next crise to Hawaii. If they have cancelation or people don't make the cruise can you possible get a GREAT LAST MINUTE deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter