Booking Question From First Time Cruiser

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by iheartmickey1111, Mar 4, 2013.

1. iheartmickey1111

iheartmickey1111 Mouseketeer

Okay, so now that we are moving closer to FL and cutting $1500 worth of flights out of our budget, I'm starting the planning of our first Disney cruise! :cool1:

Been reading as much info as I can find about it, but I am still left with a couple questions.

1-We won't find out DH's new time off policy until we get settled in at the new duty station sometime in July and I am currently thinking of going on a cruise next May (2014). Will booking in July give decent prices for May cruises? I've read about how prices go up the fuller the cruise is.

2- If answer to #1 is no- when would be the best time to book then?

3- I know they sometimes offer military rates for certain sail dates. If I booked when there was no discount available and one became available for either the same or different sail dates as I have booked, can I have the discounts applied to my current booking, or change the dates of my booking? I've noticed in the past that military rates are released closer to the sail date than I would like to book (obsessive planner).

TIA!!! :goodvibes

2. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If the cruise is popular, book now. The price would only go up. You can cancel or change it later when you learn the schedule.

If the military rate is offered after the cancellation penalty date you will pay the applicable cancellation fee to change to that rate, so make sure it's a better deal first.

3. iheartmickey1111

iheartmickey1111 Mouseketeer

OK thank you!! I have seen the military rates get as low as $65 per person per night, so I think I will just try to hold out for that! Thank you!!