booking/payment-kinda-question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by petunia, Jun 11, 2013.

1. petunia

petunia DIS Veteran

So I have made my final deposit, but did not pay for the ddp as I wasn't sure of my dates give or take a day and was told as long as I'm adding to my total I wouldn't pay a penalty. I was going to do that tomorrow, as our arrival date is the 28th, however we had a family emergency, and now I'm not even sure what the status of our vacation will be. Can I still add the ddp/make date changes up to 3 days prior arrival or 2 weeks without penalty, as I've heard both?

2. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You can add it, but any changes made within 14 days before check-in, you will pay a $15.00 fee whether you add or delete something to your package.

3. petunia

petunia DIS Veteran

So $15 even if I'm changing the dates by a day or two?

4. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

I was told that as long as the price doesn't decrease you won't be charged a penalty buy if it decreases you do have to pay a penalty (I thought the guy said $50, but I could be wrong).

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Yes, if the change is made 14 days or less prior to arrival there is a $15 fee. The DDP must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival.

This correct, however, as Missytara posted, any changes made 14 days or less prior to arrival, there is a $15 fee regardless of what it does to the total cost. This is a new fee that was started I think last year.

6. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Call Disney. In the event of family emergencies, they're normally pretty understanding when it comes to transferring/moving/changing reservation details. If it's something that you can "prove" (IE doctors note, obituary, birth/death certificate, hospice letter, letter from adoption agency, etc) it definitely helps.