booking/payment-kinda-question

petunia

DIS Veteran
So I have made my final deposit, but did not pay for the ddp as I wasn't sure of my dates give or take a day and was told as long as I'm adding to my total I wouldn't pay a penalty. I was going to do that tomorrow, as our arrival date is the 28th, however we had a family emergency, and now I'm not even sure what the status of our vacation will be. Can I still add the ddp/make date changes up to 3 days prior arrival or 2 weeks without penalty, as I've heard both?

You can add it, but any changes made within 14 days before check-in, you will pay a $15.00 fee whether you add or delete something to your package.

I was told that as long as the price doesn't decrease you won't be charged a penalty buy if it decreases you do have to pay a penalty (I thought the guy said $50, but I could be wrong).

So $15 even if I'm changing the dates by a day or two?

Yes, if the change is made 14 days or less prior to arrival there is a $15 fee. The DDP must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival.

I was told that as long as the price doesn't decrease you won't be charged a penalty buy if it decreases you do have to pay a penalty (I thought the guy said $50, but I could be wrong).

This correct, however, as Missytara posted, any changes made 14 days or less prior to arrival, there is a $15 fee regardless of what it does to the total cost. This is a new fee that was started I think last year.

I was going to do that tomorrow, as our arrival date is the 28th, however we had a family emergency, and now I'm not even sure what the status of our vacation will be

Call Disney. In the event of family emergencies, they're normally pretty understanding when it comes to transferring/moving/changing reservation details. If it's something that you can "prove" (IE doctors note, obituary, birth/death certificate, hospice letter, letter from adoption agency, etc) it definitely helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter