Booking grand villas

Grandbuddy

Does this shirt make me look Goofy?
Is there any DVC property (at WDW) that has a larger number/greater availablility of grand villas than the other properties? Sounds as if getting into one is an ordeal, and I'd like that to be an option every other year or so.

SSR has the largest number of GVs with OKW falling closely behind. However, the point values of OKW make their GVs more difficult to book. Usually if you want a GV at OKW you need to have the 11 month booking priority. I've heard of much more success stories booking at SSR.

Here is the square footage and # of GVs per resort. OKW GVs are considerably less points during certain seasons. If you're considering purchasing, you may take a look at the points calculators and see whether OKW or SSR would be the better option for you.

Whether you purchase resale or through Dis, SSR expires 2054. If you purchase OKW via resale, the contract expires 2042 versus 2057 through Dis.

Grand Villas

OKW - approx. 2375 sq ft
BCV - None Available
VWL - None Available
BWV - approx 2142 sq ft
SSR - approx. 2113 sq ft
AKV - Jambo House - approx. 2349 sq ft - 1 story
AKV - Kidani Village - approx. 2201 sq ft - 2 story

OKW - 27 GV
BCV - No GV available
VWL - No GV available
BWV - 8 GV
SSR - 36 GV
AKV Jambo House - 6 GV
AKV Kidani Village - 16 GV (new construction est. finished date 01/09)

We bought an OKW add-on just for the 11 month window in booking a GV. So glad we did!

I have a GV reservation at AVK in September, which is less than 7 months away, and even runs into the very beginning of F&W.

When I called last week, there were still 5 AKV GVs available to book for the timeframe I am going to be there.

I was able to get a BWV GV at the 7 month mark the 1st week in May of 07. I did a day by day booking with no problem. Of course if you want to insure you can do this (and cant live without other options) then the 11 month thing would be a must.

I'm hoping to get a GV at OKW June of 09 (at the 7 month mark) if I cant get it I plan on going with 2, two bedrooms and a studio at whatever resort works best (maybe BWVs). Bototm line is a great week at WDW for the a big family trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter