Booking future cruises while onboard...

Ness2289

I'm Almost There...
I've read a lot about booking your next cruise while onboard. Just how great are the deals if you book then?

I'll let you know in a few weeks.... I plan on booking while on our 4/23 cruise. I've heard for the 7 night cruises it can be 10% off and a $200 stateroom credit. We'll know soon enough!

Anyone booked recently? Can you write a check for the deposit or must it be a credit card? Anyone? :confused3

:wave: :wave:
Hi Kimmielee,
I'll be on the same cruise as you and I'll be booking a 7 night cruise for 2007.
I have rebooked onboard before and for a 7 night cruise the discount is 10% and a $200 stateroom credit.
If you use a credit card for charging at check in, they will ask you if you want to use that same credit card. I don't know if they take checks... but I'm sure someone here knows!

Hoping for fair skies and calm seas!

As I hope my question doesn't sound stupid... I am new to cruising... :blush:

When you say "and a $200 stateroom credit" what exactly do you mean. The 10% is off the total amount right, and the $200 credit..?

Ness, you are correct, the 10% off is the total stateroom charge, the $200 credit means when you cruise, your stateroom charge account will have a $220 credit to it, meaning you have 200 dollars to spend! :thumbsup2

Oooooh! I see now. Thanks! :goodvibes

One more question... Does the 10% even compare to what you might pay using services outside of Disney in the first place? Or is the $200 stateroom credit the magnet?

I think the 10% off is a good deal in itself, since other cruise agencies don't really mark down Disney cruises too much. The father out in the future the cruise you are booking, the better deal it will be. Of course the stateroom credit doesn't hurt either!
After I book onboard, I have my reservation transfered to DreamsUnlimited, who also will give me a small stateroom credit. The DCL agent will usually ask if I want to transfer it when they see that's how the cruise I'm on was booked.

You don't actually get 10% off the total price that you see when you look up the cruise on their website. It doesn't include taxes or port fees. If you are able to snag a room at a group rate that is being held by an agency you would probably find a better price. That's what we did last year. We got a quote that was over 900 less than the current DCL website price. With the total cruise cost before taxes & port fees at 3000, we would have saved 300 from the 10% and 200 from the stateroom credit. In this case, it wasn't worth it for us to check into rebooking on our next cruise to get a better price.

Yes... I ask a lot of questions!!!

Just how much better are the rates if I book WELL in advance. Let's say, I booked today for a trip in February 2008. What's the difference from booking today for February 2007?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter