1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

booking dummy reservations ?'s

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by JimGA, Feb 27, 2013.

1. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

If you book a dummy cruise while on board, I know the date can be changed, but can you also change the ship?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Yes, you can. :)

4. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

The only restrictions are as follow:

* You cannot change the primary reservation - ie the first name added to it
    * You cannot change it towards a IGT/OGT/VGT booking - that requires a complete new reservation (DCL will help you transferring the deposit however)

Otherwise, you can change the ship/date/time/people/category - The length will affect the OBC you get ($100 for 1-6 nights, $200 for 7+ nights). The 10% discount will be based on the prices on the day you set set up or change your cruise.

5. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Perfect! The flexibility sounds great. I was concerned I might get locked into a ship and could not jump over to the Magic or Wonder if they offered Kids Sail Free promotion on dates that worked for us.

Now, I just have to convince the wife to allow me to book a dummy reservation when we sail in May...:flower3:

6. Loriekins

Loriekins Mouseketeer

The flexibility of it is wonderful. I budget the money for another booking to each cruise. Booking another is a given. :rotfl2: You can always move your booking to another year if that works better for your family.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You should check and see if you can move an existing cruise reservation to a Kids Sail Free - sometimes offers like that require a new booking.

8. lbgraves

You aren't able to move an OBB to a KSF offer. Each requires a code and there is only one code allowed per reservation.

9. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

Oh darn. But it is nice to know that you can change ships.

10. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

We moved two OBBs deposits to a *GT rate and did not get to keep the attached OBC. It is considered a completely new booking and requires cancellation of the previous reservation if you are moving a deposit from one to another.

11. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

An IGT/OGT/VGT rate requires a new reservation. You will not get the OBB OBC nor 10% discount. The only thing you can get is DVR OBC. In fact, by default, you cannot transfer your deposit to this.

KSF, FL or MIL rates require a code and hence do not qualify for the DVR OBC, but also are treated a new reservations.

My first cruise reservation I moved it to a *GT rate. Originally I had it reserved with the online booking OBC. I could not move that over as it was a new reservation. In fact, it was a new reservation number. I insisted and DCL transferred the deposit. I did keep the DVR OBC however.

My second cruise was with KSF. I had an OBB and could not move it over. I kept it for the future (dummy). In fact I have now two dummy.

12. lbgraves

Hmmm...thought that I had seen people post that they were able to do that??? Since can't search for it will have to wait and see if anyone posts who has.

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Many confuse GTY with *GT, and think GTY is a special rate, but it's not. There's no discount for GTY - DCL only guarantees you a room in the category reserved, and hence that is the same as any regular cruise and you can move an OBB to it.

14. lbgraves

Maybe the post I saw was someone who didn't realize the difference between the two. :confused3