Booking another Cruise while onboard

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by My2Angels, Jan 23, 2013.

1. My2Angels

My2Angels Mickey Moms Club member

We will be taking our first DCL cruise on the Dream in Feb. I am already thinking about booking another one!! What is the benefit of booking your next cruise while onboard? Do they offer special discounts like the Bounceback offers at WDW? Just curious.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. UmmGooD

UmmGooD DIS Veteran

The deposit amount is reduced to 10%.

You get a 10% discount off of the cruise fair.

There is an on board credit depending on the length of the cruise you book. I believe it is:
    $100 < 7 days
    $200 >= 7 days

4. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

Another bonus of booking onboard is the ability to move it to when you actually want to sail, so you don't even have to have a date in mind. When you move it, you still get the 10% off, the onboard credit, and the 10% down. Its kind of a no-brainer to book while onboard.

5. suziesas

suziesas Earning My Ears

Does the 10 perfect discount apply to concierges rooms as well?

6. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

No.

7. suziesas

suziesas Earning My Ears

Thanks! Just hopeful!!! :)

8. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Also, not combinable with any other Disney offer such KSF or FL rate, or Disney visa rewards OBC.

Note however that you can mention a TA name and you will get their OBC offers.

9. tassma

tassma Mouseketeer

Could you please spell out these acronyms? I need some help....

10. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Kids Sail Free
    Travel Agent
    Onboard Credit ...

If i could afford to keep the deposit money tied up with Disney and wanted to sail when a special offer came out, I would keep the onboard booking dummy date and book any special offers as a new booking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

11. tictoc

tictoc Mouseketeer

FL is Florida resident rate
    KSF is Kids Sail Free
    OBC is on board credit
    TA is travel agent

12. Brooksmakingmemories

Brooksmakingmemories Earning My Ears

So if you book your next cruise onboard with a 10% deposit and you later opt for a KSF cruise, do you then have to pay another 10% down for the deposit?

13. Brooksmakingmemories

Brooksmakingmemories Earning My Ears

What would be the benefit? The previous poster indicated that cruises booked on board on not eligible for special offers. Can you then book your new cruise with only the 10% deposit already paid?

About to go on our first cruise and already planning for a second! With 3 kids, hoping to catch another KSF.

14. tassma

tassma Mouseketeer

Thank you...now they seem obvious?

15. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

A cruise that was booked onboard requires half of one that's booked on land:
    Land booking requires 20% of pre-tax amount.
    OBB (onboard booking) requires 10%.
    If you have an OBB and you find a KSF deal, it's smarter to NOT cancel the OBB but really just move it to some far out date, then book the KSF as a new cruise. Move the OBB to any cheap cruise to keep the deposit to a minimum.AKA: dummy date
    Once you cancel an OBB, it's gone until you can get back onboard and book another.

With 3 kids, KSF is definitely the best deal. You would all have to share 1 cabin though which is very tight.

eta: The deposit will vary according to total cost of cruise and whether or not it was booked onboard. The OBB perks follow that particular confirmation # so if you move an OBB to a later date, that new later cruise will only require 10% deposit. The "new" reservation # that has the KSF attached will now require a 20% deposit.

hth:goodvibes

16. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

I cruised last August and booked a dummy cruise for Dec 2013. Goal here was to move it to Dec 2014 anyway. Booked 1 inside cabin, only one person on a 3night. Deposit was about $95.

But we jumped on KSF for next week. So I kept my dummy booking untouched. Next week I will book another dummy one for the future...

17. moore523

moore523 Mouseketeer

So I knew when you booked a dummy cruise--you want to got with the shortest, cheapest stateroom--but you can also do just one person??? And then you can later modify it to whatever number you need??

Good to know!

Thanks!

18. Yvet

Yvet <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=blue>♫ Sh

Yes you can!!!

19. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

We get two staterooms for the five of us. If I were to book on board can I book one and still get the 10% off for my whole trip or do I need to book two from the start? And would the OBC be applied once or twice?

20. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Each cabin has its own confirmation #. If you need 2 cabins for a future cruise, you should book 2 cabins while onboard.
    If you only book 1 onboard, then only one would have OBB perks.

21. FrogMBA

FrogMBA Mouseketeer

OK sorry I am new to cruising. Let me see if I understand. If I book a future cruise on board I get 10% discount and a 10% deposit.
    So say I book a room for me and my daughter and then my son decides to go, I can call and add him to the reservation?
    That would be great as he is not sure about joining us.