Booking another cruise while on a cruise?

wallawallakids

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Quick question about booking a cruise while on a cruise. Can you book concierge suites at the discount rate or is it only the standard rooms that apply to this deal? I found a cruise we are interested in taking next Feb and I don't know if I should wait until we are on the ship in April to book it or book it now? It is a concierge suite (there are 6 of us and I like not having to book two connecting rooms and the price for the suite is almost identical to booking two separate rooms anyway). I could call my AAA agent and see if she can get a small discount but I don't know if that is an option either. I booked this cruise through Disney and have now learned that maybe I could have saved a bit by calling AAA. Live and learn I guess. :) Thanks so much.

I don't believe the OBB incentive applies to concierge. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. However, if you found what you like, go ahead and book it now. There's a lot of time between now and April when others might book and your suite may not be available then. If the OBB *can* be applied, you could re-shop it onboard. No TA will be able to offer a discount but might have other incentive for booking through them (onboard credit, gifts, etc.); all DCL cruises are the same price regardless of whom you book it through (some don't show/advertise prices including taxes and fees until you are actually into the booking so it appears cheaper).

I don't believe the OBB incentive applies to concierge. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. However, if you found what you like, go ahead and book it now. There's a lot of time between now and April when others might book and your suite may not be available then. If the OBB *can* be applied, you could re-shop it onboard. No TA will be able to offer a discount but might have other incentive for booking through them (onboard credit, gifts, etc.); all DCL cruises are the same price regardless of whom you book it through (some don't show/advertise prices including taxes and fees until you are actually into the booking so it appears cheaper).

Hmm. OK. Thank you. Guess I will just book it myself then. :)

There is no discount on the concierge rooms. If you use an onboard booking then you can get the extra onboard credit but no 10% discount. Which ship are you talking about? Which concierge category? Because if you have 6 people on the classic ships you can book the Two bedroom or the Royal suite, if you need one of these then you should book them now as there are only two of each of these categories on the classic ships. If you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, then you will need to book 2 rooms, none of the concierge rooms technically fit 6 people. Even the Royal on the new ships only accommodates 5 people. Once again if you want something like the Royal suite then book early. Travel agents don't discount the Disney Cruises, they are a set price whether you book from a TA, through DCL, or an online site. However a TA or 3rd party site may give you extra onboard credit, like a gift for booking with them. Also know that there is somewhat less flexibility with moving a concierge reservation date if you decided you need to move the cruise. Also in some cases depending on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is a US cruise there are some slightly different time lines for when the full payment is due. For example we have a Royal Suite booked and I believe we had a final payment date at the 150 day mark instead of the 120 day mark.

There is no discount on the concierge rooms. If you use an onboard booking then you can get the extra onboard credit but no 10% discount. Which ship are you talking about? Which concierge category? Because if you have 6 people on the classic ships you can book the Two bedroom or the Royal suite, if you need one of these then you should book them now as there are only two of each of these categories on the classic ships. If you are sailing on the Dream or Fantasy, then you will need to book 2 rooms, none of the concierge rooms technically fit 6 people. Even the Royal on the new ships only accommodates 5 people. Once again if you want something like the Royal suite then book early. Travel agents don't discount the Disney Cruises, they are a set price whether you book from a TA, through DCL, or an online site. However a TA or 3rd party site may give you extra onboard credit, like a gift for booking with them. Also know that there is somewhat less flexibility with moving a concierge reservation date if you decided you need to move the cruise. Also in some cases depending on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is a US cruise there are some slightly different time lines for when the full payment is due. For example we have a Royal Suite booked and I believe we had a final payment date at the 150 day mark instead of the 120 day mark.

Thank you. I am looking at the Wonder two bedroom. I do remember them saying when I booked our current cruise that the deposit was not refundable. (We are on the Magic this time in the 2 bedroom). I had just heard that booking while on the ship guaranteed the best price but I am really only interested in the suites because of our family's size so it probably isn't in my best interest to wait. The onboard credit isn't that much, right? I will call my TA and see if they have any onboard credit offers before I decide who to book through then. Thank you so much for your help!

I believe the offer is 6 days or less is $100, then 7 days or more is $200. The do not go by the castaway levels any longer. If you are looking at a 2 bedroom then yeah booking early is the best option due to scarcity of the room category. The onboard credit is nice, but if you are spending 20k+ on a cruise it really doesn't amount to much especially if you lose out on the room. When you are onboard you can also think about making a dummy booking that you can move in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter