Booking ADRs for offsite guests - gone from difficult to impossible :(

DisneyMomandSuperFan

Earning My Ears
I've been unable to get ANY ADRs in any of the character or family friendly restaurants for November.
I've been going to Disney with my family for the last 4 out of 5 years. We do stay offsite as my aunt has a timeshare. This year we are going with our friends family. My friend & I have been up before 6am on the last 3 days for the 180 booking window and got nothing on our list of potential choices. I understand BOG & CRT book up but I can't even get a 10am at O'hana or anything at the HS restaurants for lunch, etc. We usually go in September & my friend is now apologizing because we moved to November because of their schedule and she thinks it is because of that. Everyone is so disappointed and frankly it is depressing.

I am ok that hotel guests get an advantage but this hoarding issue with free dining is ridiculous! Nothing for the rest of us? I have a co-worker going on the same week. She has multiple reservations for places (that will be cancelled), got all her restaurants (like 20 of them) with BOG & CRT multiple times. She was upset they missed BOG for dinner. She logged in under her name & there is availability at some of the restaurants we want but she would have to book it, so they are being saved for resort guests. I find that completely discouraging. It is like Disney doesn't want us to visit. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for my co-worker, it's there first visit and maybe only one. I want them to have a magical experience. Can Disney throw us a bone? We have little children too who are so excited.

HELP. Any suggestions other than hound the site for a cancellation? Thanks for listening Disney friends.

I am Sorry to read this. Maybe you could change the time to a period without free dining? Otherwise there will probably be a Lot of cancelations once people sort their plans out. So check back often.
My experience this week was that the Kids didn't care about the dining and I had a Hard Time stretching them until it was our AdR time. They were happiest the day I didn't make Adr and we did quick service. Maybe Disney Dining is more for the adults There is so much to See and do so the kids probably won't Even miss it.

if you can't find anything window of 180 days, wait till 24 hour notice, as in the next day you wanna go someowhere, typically lots gets canceled the week before and up to the day of as ppl change their minds and those become up for grabs i always book them late now i do try early but nothing ever shows for advanced even onsite! i know 2 days out i managed a be our guest dinner during the week of christmas! you just gotta keep playing the game, the app actually worked best for me just kept searching lol

That's awful. We are making our ADRs Saturday mornng and staying onsite and I'm still nervous. It seems to be getting worse every year. I can tell you we don't book more than we will use, but I know many people do. How many are in your party? Could that be why you are having trouble? I know the year we made all of our ADRs for 10 we had more problems even at 180 days.

I think Disney makes it too easy to hoard the reservations. If a person is staying 7 nights with the TS dining, they should only be able to book 7 reservations under their dining plan (ie, no prepayment)...after that, they should have to prepay--that'd definitely put a stop to people hoarding reservations just because they can do so for free with their dining plan.

I think Disney makes it too easy to hoard the reservations. If a person is staying 7 nights with the TS dining, they should only be able to book 7 reservations under their dining plan (ie, no prepayment)...after that, they should have to prepay--that'd definitely put a stop to people hoarding reservations just because they can do so for free with their dining plan.

But what if the person wants to pay OOP for an additional meal? Like, I have 10 TS meals but 9 TS credits, but I'm paying OOP for one. I get that you're on the right track, but at the same time, that isn't fair either to limit to credits.

A lot of people, even those staying onsite are having tons of issues with November. Disney CMs on the phone have said a few different things, one being they're having issues with the reservation system. Not sure what is really going on. But, it's not just you. There are a few threads about it. I went on at 180 and got most of my reservations, but there were quite a few I had hoped to snag and couldn't.

But what if the person wants to pay OOP for an additional meal? Like, I have 10 TS meals but 9 TS credits, but I'm paying OOP for one. I get that you're on the right track, but at the same time, that isn't fair either to limit to credits.
And, TS credits do not equal TS meals. Say we have 7 credits, but what if three of our meals are 2 credits each? IRL, we have 7 TS credits, have 10 meals booked. I'm going to cancel at least one, just depends on what day we go to the MVMCP. And, I'll be canceling more than 100 days before our trip.

If any of your desired restaurants aren't Disney-owned, you can also call them directly to make a reservation. Disney only gets a portion of their booking systems.

T-Rex, Raglan, Rainforest for example.

I know it is extremely frustrating, but keep checking everyday! You'd be surprised how many people switch things around and cancel. I have checked in the morning to find nothing and then later in the day, the adr I want was available. Persistence pays off with this. I hope you are eventually able to find everything you were hoping for.

I hate how so many people think of everything in terms of credits. Not everyone is on a dining plan.

There seem to be more issues than normal with Nov bookings. I do not think it is all because people are hoarding reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter