Booking a suite on the Fantasy - which room?

DaddyNash

Earning My Ears
Do you guys think it'd be better to be on Deck 12 so you're on the same floor as the lounge, or on Deck 11 which doesn't have anyone moving pool chairs around above you? Or is the insulation so good it doesn't matter?

Also, there appears to be a bulge in the ship up front, so would it be better to be behind that (less windy) or do you guys think it wouldn't matter?

Avoiding the handful of rooms near the elevators seems like a given.

Happy to hear any suggestions, we've never splurged on the pricey rooms before, so I want to be sure to get it right!

Thanks!!

I like deck 12 if given the choice. I would rather be closer to the concierge staff and lounge. Never heard anything moving on top of us. Mainly because deck 13 above the concierge cabins is not some busy area in general.

DWF

I like deck 12 if given the choice. I would rather be closer to the concierge staff and lounge. Never heard anything moving on top of us. Mainly because deck 13 above the concierge cabins is not some busy area in general.

DWF

I agree. I liked Deck 12 on the Dream because it was super-close to the concierge lounge and the staff. I booked Deck 12 on the Fantasy too.

Thanks, makes sense. Any feedback on being further back versus closer to the front of the boat? e.g. would 12012 be better than 12016 because it's behind that "bubble" that sticks out of the deck, which would seem like it would make it less windy? Or would it be better to be all the way in front since you'd get a great view?

We were in 11002 on the Dream and, now that i think about the balcony was sort of enclosed. We had the bump out , which made the balcony huge, but i might like a little more sunlight, not so enclosed. Wondering if i should try to change?? Any pictures on the balconies on deck 12? Is there a bump out on deck 12? Thanks.

Does anyone have opinions on room 12000? It is right in front and looks like it has a huge balcony.

I think 12000 is the one BR suite between the two Royal's. Yes, the balcony is very deep. I am sure it would hold a dozen comfortable (not sitting though). I have seen a Royal Suite and the balcony there is HUGE!!! You could hold a party for 50 of your favorite friends on those!!!!

Does anyone have opinions on room 12000? It is right in front and looks like it has a huge balcony.

We stayed in 12000 on the Dream. It's a great room with a very deep balcony. You do have a 'windshield' on the balcony, but we liked that. We'd all crawl up to the edge in the evening and just watch the ocean. You can't look over a railing and see ocean below though. You look out over the teen area. The people on the sundeck above look directly into your balcony space, and often inquired as to if it was a public space. We didn't mind, nobody was rude. (Oh, and it wasn't windy, because of the tall windshield that I mentioned.) That room also has a door to the entrance, then a small hallway leading to room 12000 and doors to the left and right to use if you also have the royal suites. We didn't, but the hall use was private to us...a great space to store suitcases and strollers. The wall connecting the master bedroom to the living room was a sliding wall, so we could stretch the full-length wall out to make a bedroom wall or slide it in to connect it to the living room. Nobody got seasick from the motion, but we certainly felt it. Overall, while we'd stay in room 12000 again on one of the big ships, we still do prefer the midship cat. 3 on the smaller ships. They are noticeably larger then the new Cat. T and we liked the lay-out better. The concierge lounge and sundeck were nice additions to the big ship, though.

Judging by the deck plans, 12 also has the "bump out" which would make the verandah bigger. Anyone have pics or stayed in one of these rooms? Since there's not many suites to choose from, I'm wrestling a bit with worrying about being close to the elevators (noise) versus being too close to the lounge (people traffic) versus being at the front of the boat (windy deck), etc.

Thanks...

We stayed in 12000 on the Dream. It's a great room with a very deep balcony. You do have a 'windshield' on the balcony, but we liked that. We'd all crawl up to the edge in the evening and just watch the ocean. You can't look over a railing and see ocean below though. You look out over the teen area. The people on the sundeck above look directly into your balcony space, and often inquired as to if it was a public space. We didn't mind, nobody was rude. (Oh, and it wasn't windy, because of the tall windshield that I mentioned.) That room also has a door to the entrance, then a small hallway leading to room 12000 and doors to the left and right to use if you also have the royal suites. We didn't, but the hall use was private to us...a great space to store suitcases and strollers. The wall connecting the master bedroom to the living room was a sliding wall, so we could stretch the full-length wall out to make a bedroom wall or slide it in to connect it to the living room. Nobody got seasick from the motion, but we certainly felt it. Overall, while we'd stay in room 12000 again on one of the big ships, we still do prefer the midship cat. 3 on the smaller ships. They are noticeably larger then the new Cat. T and we liked the lay-out better. The concierge lounge and sundeck were nice additions to the big ship, though.

TKH - Thank you so much for your reply! Would you be willing to share pictures of the room/balcony?:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!