Booking a future cruise while aboard ship

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kapoof, Jul 24, 2013.

1. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, is it true if you do this, is your future cruise discounted? I think I recall someone posting it was a 10 percent savings? Is this true and does it vary depending on which ship and which cruise etc? Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Yokelridesagain

Yokelridesagain Mouseketeer

The 10% discount is pretty much across the board for categories 4-11 (i.e., you don't get it if you book concierge). Occasional exceptions (like a maiden voyage) may apply.

You do get a bit more on board credit ($200 vs. $100, for example) with longer cruises booked on board.

4. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

Yes, you get 10% discount on a future cruise booking and only have to leave a 10% deposit instead of the normal 20% deposit. The discount does not vary between ships, however if it's a special cruise they could be some other condiditons.

5. MrsRamos

MrsRamos Earning My Ears

I think I read some where on here that the deposit is 10% instead of the normal 20% if you book on board.

6. tbullard1231

tbullard1231 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when they will announce 2015 cruise dates?

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

No. Speculation is that the Dream & Fantasy itineraries may be announced late this year, with the early part of 2015 for the Wonder & Magic coming out early next year.

8. tbullard1231

tbullard1231 Earning My Ears

Wow- I thought they would do it sooner. A lot of other cruise lines already have dates out that far. Do you think they are going to change itineraries? Or add other cruises?

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran