Booking 2 rooms -guarentee they are near each other?

Abibaby

Earning My Ears
There will be 6 (3adults /3 kids) of us going WDW in august 2011...I plan to book in early fall. We want to stay in POR - havent decided yet if we are requesting AB or the mansions...but my question is...If we book the rooms together can we ensure getting put close to each other? We plan to ask for connecting rooms but if that cant be accomodated for any reason do they at least get you close?? Does it / would it matter how we book the kids as far as getting a room close to each other? WE are thinking of booking all the kids with us in our room to ensure an AB room but want to make sure MIL wont get bumped the mansions if we do that...MIL isnt great on her own so we need to be close.

Last trip we had 11 people in 3 rooms and they were next to each other, and two were connected.

But they told us up front there is no guarantee this will happen.

Fax a request to the resort a 3 or 4 days before you arrive. I hear that helps.

At POR (in 2008) we had a GG. We had 4 rooms. I wanted 2 connecting and the other 2 close by. We got 2 connecting and one right next to that, but one was not real close to us, but was in the same buildiing and same floor.

There will be 6 (3adults /3 kids) of us going WDW in august 2011...I plan to book in early fall. We want to stay in POR - havent decided yet if we are requesting AB or the mansions...but my question is...If we book the rooms together can we ensure getting put close to each other? We plan to ask for connecting rooms but if that cant be accomodated for any reason do they at least get you close?? Does it / would it matter how we book the kids as far as getting a room close to each other? WE are thinking of booking all the kids with us in our room to ensure an AB room but want to make sure MIL wont get bumped the mansions if we do that...MIL isnt great on her own so we need to be close.

Ensuring groups that are traveling together wish to be room-close is a priority for Disney when assigning rooms.

That said - it's never guaranteed. In the game of Tetris that IS assigning rooms ... it can be really difficult to avoid the 'dead space'..

Note your reservation with the request when you make it (or anytime after) and ask again at check-in.

Faxes used to be a 'hot way' to get room requests but most of them now end up in the trash. It's just too hard for the assignor to match up the requests with the actual reservations as they are downloaded etc.

It accomplishes the exact same thing if you simply note your request on the reservation. If your MIL has a health issue that requires the closeness - indicate such.

K

Have the CM cross reference both reservations as "travel with". This sort of acts like a Grand Gathering number, so the room assigners will know your parties should be close. Never any guarantees, but they will try to honor requests that are noted in the reservation. Faxed requests often don't get noted and rarely get to the right person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter