Booking 180+10 question

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
My window opens tomorrow and I plan to be online a little before 6 so that hopefully I can begin booking my adrs at 6 with the online system opens. I know I can book our entire stay since we are staying onsite. How is this done? I've done it in the past, but it has been a couple years ago and can't remember how to book the whole trip and it was before MDE. Is it best to go to my itinerary and go to the day I want to make an adr for and click on the link on the bottom of the page? Trying to get CP pre-park opening breakfast and BOG dinner on our last full day, which are hard to get so want to start with those first.

I'll be online with you tomorrow morning. That's our 180 day window as well. You can go to Start Planning on MDE, or the itinerary for that particular day. There are several different ways to get there.

Does online booking begin at 6? I thought I read 5am somewhere. I like 6am much better!

I'll be online with you tomorrow morning. That's our 180 day window as well. You can go to Start Planning on MDE, or the itinerary for that particular day. There are several different ways to get there.

Does online booking begin at 6? I thought I read 5am somewhere. I like 6am much better!

Online booking begins at 6am EST. So depending where you live, it could be 5am or earlier.

Good Luck to you too! I just added a credit card and made sure all my info was correct, so hopefully the website will work and everything will go smoothly in the morning.

LOL! We are on the exact same schedule. That's what I just finished doing.

Just make sure you're signed into your MDE account - this is how it recognizes that you are allowed the +10. :-)

Once you're signed in, I usually go to the "Things to Do" tab and click on "Make Reservations" under Dining. I then choose the park (or resort), choose the date, choose my preferred time, and click "Find a Table." Make sure your party size is correct! I find choosing the park or resort seems faster than searching for a particular restaurant (as you don't have to go into an additional screen).

You may have read it elsewhere, but I have the best luck if I pick a time rather than a meal ("8:00 a.m." instead of "Breakfast") in the "Time" section. I also aim before I want the time - when I search for the earliest Crystal Palace breakfast, for instance, I pick 7:30 a.m. as my time.

Good luck tomorrow! :goodvibes

Is it just me, or does it seem like dinner reservations in October are harder to get at MK because of all the restaurants closing early for MNSSHP? I just tried Be Our Guest for dinner at couldn't get a spot for 10/13. I was online at 6 est. Will have to keep trying.

All done! I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted except for Garden Grill. All that was showing up was 7:00 or later, and I'd like to get one a bit earlier. I'll keep checking.

KMK102015 - sorry you couldn't get BOG. My mother-in-law was able to get one for them on 10/16 at 5:05 for a party of 3. My husband and I didn't want to eat there so the in-laws are taking our DD with them. Keep checking and subscribe to the Oct. cancellation thread.

I tried the web site from 6-7, but every time I select an available time my page just refreshed. The only time I was able to grab a reservation was for our first day there, 10/10. So, day 180 was fine... but the +10 days aren't working for me at all. I went ahead and called and have been on hold for 30 mins now.

So frustrating...

I tried the web site from 6-7, but every time I select an available time my page just refreshed. The only time I was able to grab a reservation was for our first day there, 10/10. So, day 180 was fine... but the +10 days aren't working for me at all. I went ahead and called and have been on hold for 30 mins now.

So frustrating...

Sorry that you're having issues. I was worried about having issues because a lot of people on here weren't able to book the 180+10. I guess I got lucky that it worked for me. I hope you get what you want and aren't on the phone for too long.

lol, I'm on hold too. I just saw BOG has a time slot on Oct 14 at 920, but thats too late for the kids!

Sorry that you're having issues. I was worried about having issues because a lot of people on here weren't able to book the 180+10. I guess I got lucky that it worked for me. I hope you get what you want and aren't on the phone for too long.

Was able to get through and get my reservations finally. A few of the times weren't ideal, but I'll take em!

That was awful this morning! I've never not been able to get all the reservations I wanted. I was constantly refreshing between 6-7 but nothing would go through. I ended up spending my drive to work on hold. It took about 15 mins of waiting, but I eventually got through and got most of my requests. No BOG for us, but we've all been there before so I don't care that much. What I'm most annoyed about is that I couldn't make reservations for the second half of our stay because we are doing a split stay. I read on the boards that if you called in they would do it for you. No go for me. I get to have this fun again in 5 days.

So frustrating...
i had the same problem with mine day before yesterday and that afternoon it finally showed my +10 by then all I could get at BOG was a 9:05pm and that is the only place were eating I went ahead and reserved it and will just keep checking for cancellations

I've been reading everybody's experiences in making their Dining Reservations and it has me concerned because mines is this Sunday morning 4am in my time zone. LOL. Ok, so here's my story, I'ma try to be as brief as possible. I originally purchased an Atrium Level Theme Park View package for the Contemporary Resort from Oct 16-24. I then decided to split my reservation where we're still at the Contemporary but we'll be moving up to the 14th Floor to the Theme Park View 1BR Suite from Oct 19-24. I now have one package and a Room only reservation on my MDE acct. I was told by a CM in reservations that since its split I will have to make my Dining Reservations 180 days from check in date of each reservation. I'm thinking ok, no biggie, Hakuna Matata. LOL. But then I read on forums, websites, blogs that that might not be the case at all, some said otherwise, its basically been mixed. Also, when I went to Disney's website to play around with making Dining Reservations, I saw that Oct 16-24 was highlighted but greyed out for obvious reasons. And now, reading how the website glitches when you're trying to make Dining Reservations has me a little concerned, not worried, just concerned. Trust me, I've had many experiences where their website craps out on me even when I'm doing a simple search for something. LOL. So everybody, help me out here, three questions for you, will I be able to making my Dining Reservations in one fell swoop on Sunday morning? What are the odds of the website not glitching on me while trying to make my Dining Reservations? And if God forbid, I have to contact Reservations, what are the chances of me getting the times I want for a specific restaurant like Be Our Guest? Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

From what I've read because I don't have a split stay is that you won't be able to make all your adrs on Sunday morning, just the ones for the first part of your stay. Than you'll have to wait until 180 days from your second check in day to finish them. Some people have reported calling and being able to do them and some people call and can't do it, but as far as I know the website won't allow it.

As far as the website working, who knows. I had no issues this morning, but other people report having problems and having to call.

Be Our Guest will probably difficult to get. We were logged on and ready to go right at 6am this morning and were able to grab a 5:10 dinner adr. When I checked again a little after 6, there was no availability. If the website isn't working and you have to call, I don't know if BOG will be available. But if it's not you still have plenty of time to try and get one.

Hope that helps a little!

I was part of the 6am (well, 5am) crowd this morning too. Booking for a week for 10 people!

We already had plotted to go for lunch for BOG since I knew dinner would fill up really fast, and then go for lunch at Cinderella (almost-4 yr old daughter's first trip). Lunchtime works for us because we can meet up with the latecomers, have a meal as a big family, and then some can head back to the room and others can keep touring. Given everything I had been reading, I was trying to set expectations that we'd probably get one or the other but not both (not for 10 people!). Anyway, not only did we get both, but we got them on the days and times we wanted. Plus we got Le Cellier, which we didn't get to last trip. Overall, completely surprised in a good way!

Our reservation was a split stay, but my parents were staying in a separate on-property room all week, so we used their account for the later meals and mine for the early ones. It really helped.

I will say - on my account, it was spotty on recognizing the + days. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but if I looked at the My Itinerary section and then went back to dining (the list, not a specific restaurant) it would work. But if I clicked to a specific restaurant, and then tried to pick a date/time, it would error out. Very frustrating. However, my parents was smooth sailing every time. Weird? I mean, I got that it wouldn't recognize the second half, but I didn't think I would have problems with the first couple days too.

I also had read that until you get the confirmation #, someone faster than you can get the time slot and then you start over. That happened multiple times (perhaps because we had such a big group it was more noticeable). But it wouldn't give me a message or anything, it would just kick me back to the main screen. Thanks to folks here, I knew to just try again as fast as possible but if I hadn't read in advance it would have really freaked me out.

Another funny note - my Disney visa put itself on fraud hold after I did one prepaid meal on the card and my parents did another. That was easy to fix via the email, but something I didn't even expect!!

I think having a strategy for booking order, being flexible, and being persistent were keys.

I hope everyone gets their restaurants!

My 180+10 opens tomorrow at 6 am (I'm EST) and I'm so nervous! I keep checking the boards and I even got up this morning to see what availabilities looked like for BOG and CP right at 6 am...not surprised that both were either gone or not at the time I wanted. I'm hoping that this is because people already had the times booked as their 180+10 began earlier this week, and not that they all got snatched up right at 6 am. My plan for tomorrow is to be logged on by 5:00/5:30 and have my screens set up to the restaurant/date/time for CP, BOG, O'hana and Tusker House B'fast so that all I (hopefully) need to do is wait for it to be 6:00 and click away! Already have credit card set up in MDE so should be okay with that, I'm just so intimidated by how we have to compete with each other to get reservations...last time I booked, we were well under the 180 day mark (newbie mistake) but was fortunate to get the ressies we wanted except for BOG.

My kids are really hoping I get BOG dinner this time, I'm praying for an 8:05 CP breakfast so we can get in before opening and have that "empty" park feel. Despite the fact that Anna and Elsa have really put a damper on the early ressie crowds :(

I'm so grateful for all of the information available on the boards, they've truly been such an asset for my trip planning this time around!

My 180+10 opens tomorrow at 6 am (I'm EST) and I'm so nervous! I keep checking the boards and I even got up this morning to see what availabilities looked like for BOG and CP right at 6 am...not surprised that both were either gone or not at the time I wanted. I'm hoping that this is because people already had the times booked as their 180+10 began earlier this week, and not that they all got snatched up right at 6 am. My plan for tomorrow is to be logged on by 5:00/5:30 and have my screens set up to the restaurant/date/time for CP, BOG, O'hana and Tusker House B'fast so that all I (hopefully) need to do is wait for it to be 6:00 and click away! Already have credit card set up in MDE so should be okay with that, I'm just so intimidated by how we have to compete with each other to get reservations...last time I booked, we were well under the 180 day mark (newbie mistake) but was fortunate to get the ressies we wanted except for BOG.

My kids are really hoping I get BOG dinner this time, I'm praying for an 8:05 CP breakfast so we can get in before opening and have that "empty" park feel. Despite the fact that Anna and Elsa have really put a damper on the early ressie crowds :(

I'm so grateful for all of the information available on the boards, they've truly been such an asset for my trip planning this time around!

I was nervous too and was checking to see what was available each morning, only to find the restaurants at the times I wanted weren't available. I came up with alternate plans in case I couldn't get what I wanted. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to book my 180+10 online and would have to wait until 7 and call. But everything worked and I was able to get everything I wanted. Looks like you'll be trying to get the same restaurants I did, CP, BOG, Ohana, and TH. Good Luck!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter