Booked through AAA - a misktake????

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by iminla, May 23, 2011.

1. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

There was absolute no price difference at all between AAA and Disney website price. I don't why I didn't book it directly with Disney - instead I booked with AAA :-(((( Did I make a huge mistake???

Will I miss out on special e-mails/perks etc. due to this???

It is our first visit so i thought I will go through AAA.

I feel so bad.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWisTheBest

WDWisTheBest <font color=darkcoral>This is better than plan one

Did you book park tickets only?

4. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

No - unfortunately - the whole package :-(

I hate not having a control (lol)

5. addiln

addiln DIS Veteran

we booked a trip a few years back through AAA and thought it was fine. we did not miss anything that we would have gotten by booking it ourselves. now that we have more experience booking it ourselves we just do it that way. i don't think you made a mistake

6. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

I booked air, resort, tickets, dining @ CBR.

7. TaraBara

TaraBara Mouseketeer

We just decided to book through AAA over the weekend. If you drive, they give you a parking pass that is right next to the handicapped parking. Very close! If you don't need that parking pass, you can always go ahead and book through Disney directly and cancel your AAA package......unless you are too close to your trip and you will be penalized.

8. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

We will not be driving - we are flying from California.

Reservation is for Aug 28 to Sept. 6.

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I don't know alot about AAA as we've never booked through them, but I do know that since they are a TA, they own your reservation until you check in. If you want or need to make any changes, you will have to go through them as Disney will not discuss anything directly with you.

10. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

I know for sure we won't need to make any changes ( fingers crossed).

Is there any other disadvantage or advantage??

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Since the price was the same either way, I can't think of anything, other than AAA giving you a parking pass like the pp mentioned :).

12. Baltazar

Baltazar DIS Veteran

I don't think it's a mistake.
    Plus AAA gives you perks that booking through Disney does not.

Control of your reservation is over rated.
    When dealing with Disney over the phone they can be a bit cold.

13. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

Baltazar: Besides the Parking - what are the other perks???

14. Rorey

Rorey Mouseketeer

Your AAA agent should have sent you a pdf file of all the advantages with having your vacation packaged booked through AAA. If they didn't ask them for it. There are a ton of % off places for dinners, tours, shops, and other stuff. If you do receive a PIN or there's a promotion out through Disney that works for your dates just forward the information to your agent and they will refigure the numbers for you so you receive the best price with discounts.

We just booked ours with AAA and I was able to get 20% my packaged (booked at a Deluxe), though we booked out airfare ourselves.

15. gigicnm

gigicnm Mouseketeer

We've booked through AAA before with no issues. They were able to apply the current Disney discount. My TA was very helpful. Airfare ended up being less expensive through them then what I could find online & then it was covered under travel insurance that I bought through them.

I just had my TA give me my booking number so I could book my own ADR's on-line.

All the perks were the same as when you book through Disney (% off boat rentals, mini-golf, etc.). AAA also gave cute luggage tags.

If there is no deal at the time you are visiting Disney AAA gives 10-20% off.

Don't worry you'll be just fine,
    Gig

16. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

I agree with the pp's. We booked with AAA, too. We got room/ticket pkg. We will book our own airfare most likely. I did my own ADR's except for the one's I couldn't get and she did it for me (HDDR, Harmony BBS) She would've done them, I wanted to because I knew I'd change, change, change again and didn't want to bother her.

Go to the AAA site: http://www.disneywebcontent.com/?SiteID=2144 and check out the AAA pkg perks.

I know factually if any deal comes along, they can get it for you. NO worries! Plus, I know they can see room information in detail being a T/A. Also, if a room only discount comes out, the ticket prices at AAA are very competitive and include tax. I've posted this before, maybe if you do a search for AAA some recent posts will pop up.

Enjoy! You're brave going in summer, I never could, I'd perish! :headache:

17. iminla

iminla Mouseketeer

Gig or anyone: how do I make reservation for dining??? I tried doing it online but it said you have to pay (a little came) - we have free dining offer so have basic dining plan - how does this work??

Any help -advice PLEASE??

18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Did AAA book you with free dining offer that is out?

Lol, we must have posted at the same time. Just saw you post that you have free dining!

You'd go onto the Disney site and follow link to Dining. There are some 2TS restaurants that do require a Credit Card to hold reservation. Even if you have free dining. When we book a 2TS, we eat CS dinner one night, pay OOP and save the dining credit for the 2TS.

Or your AAA TA should be able to make the ADRs for you.

19. LisaTC

LisaTC DIS Veteran

When I did my first one I needed to use my room confirmation -- it is what is on your receipt that should have been mailed to you from AAA. It will ask you how you made your reservation, choose travel agent, etc and follow the prompts. It may ask you if you want to link these dining reservations to the above package reservation? I can't remember exactly. Then you can make oodles of dining reservations.:banana: Be mindful, as the PP said, you will need a credit card hold for Akershus, CRT, etc. I don't have DP, so I had my CC already charged for HDDR.

20. DustyPixie

DustyPixie Mouseketeer

I'm sure you got a decent deal that way. I have booked resort/ticket packages through AAA a few times in the past, but have more recently booked our resort stays through Disney to take advantage of room-only discounts, rather than the packages that AAA provides, which are sometimes more expensive than the deeper Disney discounts, if and when they're offered. :confused3 If Disney doesn't have any good promotions going, then using an AAA travel agent is definitely the way to go.

For our upcoming October trip, I booked our resort through Disney, and Disney gave me the standard 15% AAA discount on mods when I made the reservation. If Disney offers a better room-only deal for that time period, I can rebook for the larger discount. Also, we can get discounted Park Hopper tickets through our local AAA office, which takes about $25 off each ticket, tax included, so there are many ways to get some savings through AAA that don't necessarily involve booking their standard package.;)

21. dzorn

dzorn DIS Addict

I would not have booked air through them, but I want control of when to arrive, leave and have non-stop. Other than that not much different than booking direct.

Denise in MI