Booked our Dec 2012 DVC room

8timesblessed

Mouseketeer
I booked our 2 bedroom villa for 4 nights. I didn't have more points to make it a longer trip but our kids want to go for Christmas decorations. Thinking of booking a harbor hotel for a few nights to extend the trip longer, I don't want to fill rushed with 8 kids. I want to enjoy the holiday decorations and nighttime entertainment.

When do they film the parade and do the candlelight stuff, hoping I missed that weekend in my planning.

The parade they film in the middle of November I believe, but the CP is usually in early December. You also need to watch out for the cast party which makes disneyland close early, at 5 or 6pm also early in December.

Maybe a tip for you, maybe not. But we have done an on property followed by an off property in the past. Our family MUCH prefers to stay off property first, then finish on property. So if you can add to your trip before, finishing at your GCVilla may be more fun.

Thanks. If I add a harbor hotel it will be first. Our last trip we made the mistake of startung with the grandvilla and yhen moving to a 2 bedroom.

Maybe a tip for you, maybe not. But we have done an on property followed by an off property in the past. Our family MUCH prefers to stay off property first, then finish on property. So if you can add to your trip before, finishing at your GCVilla may be more fun.

My family hates to move mid trip, big hassle and takes away from the park time.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts